Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Been on here a lot but haven't had a good catch up on how things are going with the SQ5

I am going to attach a few photos my son and I took after cleaning the car today, looking absolutely gorgeous.

What's going well?
+ Everything...
+ Performance is unreal, stupidly fast for an SUV and yet i'm not complaining. Enjoying the odd racers and scaring the 911 drivers at traffic lights!
+ Sound obviously, it sounds great especially when you have sunroof open and windows down. Lovely growl that attracts a lot of attention.
+ MPG is decent, averaging 30mpg which is way more than we expected considering most of our driving is city driving.
+ Sunroof is WOW. It opens so wide and really makes you feel like you're in a convertible...very cool
+ 21s and Lava Grey is great. The wheels are a must (as you will see through some of the photos) when opting for SQ5. Lava grey is perfect.
+ Interior + FBSW. very high quality interior with lovely contrast stitching, personally would have gone for red + black but not complaining!

What's not going as well?
+ Can't think of much however the Aluminium trim looks great, however scratches too easily which is annoying.
+ Road noise can sometimes be a problem on the motorway at high speeds (often triple digits
) hard to communicate with people in back.
+ B&O system has the best quality I have heard in a while, however I hate to say it but its lacking a little bit of bass. But i expected this when ordering.

Besides that folks it's doing me proud. All my work colleagues etc. love it and family want me to send pictures of it across the world. Best car my far I have owned, but that may be because I have only owned X5's since 2000 and then before that Hondas

All the best, Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha just saw your footnote
'Limited Edition' i like that one hahahah

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Nice pics ray,looks black in most pics,shame bout that tdi badge,lol 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
How's the grill wrap coming on Jose 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
How's the grill wrap coming on Jose ������
It's not at the moment - dragging my heals... Probably gonna be a few weeks TBH (wedding planning/paying for is taking precedence at the moment
).

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Wens the big day .?😄

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Ray how's the mods coming on ? 😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
V close,r u gonna use the sq as 1 of the wedding cars,as it's white ?😄

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
V close,r u gonna use the sq as 1 of the wedding cars,as it's white ?������
No - we're having it all in one place so no wedding cars for us (which considering what a petrol head I am is kinda odd!).

It is being the wedding car for 2 different couples/mates this year! I need to find a chauffeurs hat!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats Jose not long now!

Thanks guys, do I need to go somewhere to get TDI badge removed or can I just use some like tooth floss...

Mods not really happening very well mate, people I have emailed still haven't replied but I had a play with photoshop to see what the grille wrap would look like with Lava Grey and I was a tiny bit put off (probably because i'm sh*t at photoshop) because Grey colour + Chrome grille + black ring around grille doesn't seem to weigh up nicely. Side steps I will get done though!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Congrats Jose not long now!

Thanks guys, do I need to go somewhere to get TDI badge removed or can I just use some like tooth floss...

Mods not really happening very well mate, people I have emailed still haven't replied but I had a play with photoshop to see what the grille wrap would look like with Lava Grey and I was a tiny bit put off (probably because i'm sh*t at photoshop) because Grey colour + Chrome grille + black ring around grille doesn't seem to weigh up nicely. Side steps I will get done though!
Cheers mate.

Dealer removed my TDI FoC (but I did ask for it at the time of order) - but a hair dryer and tooth floss works just as well!

As yours is Lava the chrome is OK IMO. If you were going to wrap it I'd have a colour matched to the Lava rather than black I think.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no worries mate, where you off to for honeymoon?

Yes exactly, i just think that three colours would cause a bit of a mess. But you never know it just depends on costing to be honest mate...

·
Banned
289 Posts
Good to see you are still very positive about the car after a few months. Thanks for the review.

Not too long for me now... Probable delivery date is 5th March.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
no worries mate, where you off to for honeymoon?

Yes exactly, i just think that three colours would cause a bit of a mess. But you never know it just depends on costing to be honest mate...
We have a mini-moon for a few nights after just locally at a few fancy restaurants that have a couple of rooms to stay in. Proper honeymoon will be in the summer hols (as the better half is a teacher) and we are going on a Mediterranean cruise followed by a few nights somewhere TBD. Never thought I'd be on a cruise, but chatting with a travel agent it ended up being a really attractive option - it's a young persons cruise with none of the formal dress code for dinner at 8pm sharp rubbish!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice review and pics Ray, lava would have been my choice (if I'd been given one...)

Cruise sounds good Jose, hope everything goes to plan for you, weddings are one of the most stressful things you do in life...

Reactions: ray.afzal
1 - 20 of 36 Posts