Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first service this week and can report a few recalls relating to 3.0 TDi's.

1. Recall 26G4 is an ECU upgrade for 3.0TDI's. According to the A5 owners club site it is related to a cooling mod but also provides slightly more more power and slightly improved economy. It does however come with a big but.... A number of A4 3.0 TDI owners report this update deletes any third part mapping updates and locks down the ECU so they can be applied / re-applied. I have only done 50 miles since the update was applied, so to early to comment on the economy or power comments from A5 owners (www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-performance-mods/15768-audi-uk-264g-ecu.html.) That said the mating with the S-Tronic seems smoother and the sluggishness when slowing down and then pulling away seems much better. All in all (over 50 miles) there engine / transmission seems a little smoother and slightly more eager.

2. There is now a formal recall for water pumps. If anyone is concerned about their water pump they should call there dealer to check serial numbers against the recall. So, no longer do you have to wait for your coolant to replenish the shrinking water supplies before having your water pump replaced.

3. Sat Nav Maps 2010 are out, and also a fix for the famous turn right on a round-a-bout bug. Not sure what the fix number is, but the version numbers I have are: Software version: HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1; Nav. Database Version: 8R0060884R ECE 5.11.7.

4. I have heard that the new A7 & A8 and the 2012 A6 have 7 digit post code Sat Nav's. If this is true it may be that a patch will come out for us humble 5 Digit operators; though knowing Audi it will come out on new models only.

Regards
Secret Squirrel

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for the info SS.

Looks like Audi Aus. are doing the same recalls/updates on the 3.0TDI.

Any idea if they have a campaign to fix the pulsing in the steering?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well had the ecu update a few days now. I think it is smoother and the pick up is definately quicker......not that it was ever slow

I'll be doing a long run next week so will see if the ecconomy is any better......not that I know what it is at the moment

·
Registered
963 Posts
Tried it in sport mode this morning........definately better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts