Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been down the Cotswolds this weekend and to be honest think I need a less hard ride so probably going to go for a 2ltr Q5 so what are the feelings about ownership of this model plus real world MPG ? Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've been down the Cotswolds this weekend and to be honest think I need a less hard ride so probably going to go for a 2ltr Q5 so what are the feelings about ownership of this model plus real world MPG ? Thanks Dave
I have seen 44mpg on a run taking it steady. My annual mileage has dropped to around 10k pa due to a job change with a lot of short journeys so my average over 8k miles in this car is 35mpg.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BTW, I had a 3litre as a courtesy car for nearly a month while the AdBlue pump was being fixed on my first 2litre Q5 and I had the opportunity to do a 380 mile round trip in each car so I tried to keep the conditions the same to compare the two. It ended up they both did exactly the came mpg ~ 44mpg.

Overall though I reckon the 3l was approx 15% worse than the 2l, partly due to the fact that I was "playing" with the extra power on tap :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm a pretty steady driver with the majority of my commute is in traffic, but still get between 29 & 36mpg. When the schools are off the same trip to work can result in 42-45mpg.

On a motorway run to my parents which is a 25 mile run I usually get just over 40mpg. The best consumption I get is on nice quiet A roads where I get up to 49mpg... haven't managed to crack the magic 50mpg yet, but I have only just done over 4000 miles.

My conclusion is that it's a heavy car to get off the line and not very aerodynamic on the motorway. I am more than happy with the consumption and it's much better than I thought it would be and better than my previous A3 1.6 Tiptronic petrol

I had a courtesy A7 with the 3 litre diesel and that was definitely more economical on my commute with 40mpg easily achievable.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm getting an average 42mpg with my 3 litre. That's 10mpg more than my traded in 6spd auto Evoque (and with an annual mileage >12k that's quite a saving on fuel costs).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies up to now ! I really had set my heart on the SQ but the roads really are so bad on anything other than dualcarrage ways or motorways I feel the ride will soon become tiresome and so will ruin what is certainly one of the best cars around !!!!! Thanks again Dave

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm really surprised you find the ride harsh... Compared to many other cars (including 'normal' ones) I think it's very good!
The TT I had for a week was a bone shaker in comparison!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a TFSI and have averaged 30mpg since new about 9 months ago.

·
Registered
343 Posts
32 mpg on our old 2.0tdi and the same for our SQ5 - ride in the SQ5 on 20" is significantly better than the old S line on 19"

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a TFSI and have averaged 30mpg since new about 9 months ago.
This is good news! We have the same car on order and I was wondering what we could expect the realistic mpg to be.

Anything will be an improvement on the wife's current car which is a petrol Rav4 doing about 21mpg average!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
An SQ on 20" wheels provides very acceptable ride quality, living in Warwickshire as you do I'd say go for the SQ and you won't regret it. I shoot most Saturdays @ Barby Sporting on Barby Lane so if you want to meet up there then I'll give you a run down the road....

·
Registered
261 Posts
my experience is as follows: 3.0 sline with sports suspension & 20" wheels - too hard. 3.0 sline with sports suspension & 19" wheels - too hard. 3.0 sline with standard suspension & 20" wheels - nice. 3.0 sline with standard suspension & 19" wheels - nice. SQ5 with 19" wheels - nice.

·
Registered
550 Posts
my experience is as follows: 3.0 sline with sports suspension & 20" wheels - too hard. 3.0 sline with sports suspension & 19" wheels - too hard. 3.0 sline with standard suspension & 20" wheels - nice. 3.0 sline with standard suspension & 19" wheels - nice. SQ5 with 19" wheels - nice.
SQ5 on 19s??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm averaging 35.2 mpg after 4k miles in a MY14 Q5 S Line+ Auto. Mainly dual carriageways.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Sq5john you guys on here are really thoughtful / helpful , yes in new year would like to meet up ! Cheers Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts