Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I ordered the 21" option on my new SQ5 (Canadian version)....as far as i can tell there are only a couple of options for tires for this wheel size. Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT, Pirelli P Zero and i think Continental just made their ContiSportContact 5 ContiSeal in this size. For those of you with these rims, what rubber are you running and how do you like them?

Thanks!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Mine came with Pirelli ,and they were wearing ridiculously quick,so I changed to vrdensteins 21",and have put Pirelli away till summer,the vrdensteins seem gr8 4 grip and wear and only cost £700 for all 4 tyres ,I do drive hard and Pirelli are soft ,most members sq's seem to come with dunlops wich seem to last 16k miles 😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine came with Pirelli ,and they were wearing ridiculously quick,so I changed to vrdensteins 21",and have put Pirelli away till summer,the vrdensteins seem gr8 4 grip and wear and only cost £700 for all 4 tyres ,I do drive hard and Pirelli are soft ,most members sq's seem to come with dunlops wich seem to last 16k miles ������
Thanks for your advice...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Mine came with Dunlops and I got 16k miles out of them before changing. I reckon if I'd swapped them over earlier I could have got a lot nearer 20k

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone think the Dunlops give an excessive amount of road noise - just picked up my SQ5 (used) with 5000 miles and i reckon the tyres (on some surfaces) are pretty loud. Having looked at them not sure the wear is that even on them either - looks like over inflation

Bridgstones gave me similar issues when they got a certain age and mileage but not this low mileage

I had Vred's on my RS4 and they were great with minimal noise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts