Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q5 45 TFSI Quattro Vorsprung
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Counting down the days to collecting my first Audi so time for todays silly question.

Moving from 18in tyres with good rubber overhang and no issues with curbs to 21 inch tyres, for me is probably just about a matter of time before hearing that horrible curbing grinding noise….……

However to delay the inevitable I was just wondering (apart from just being careful) if anyone uses their cameras to park and avoid curbing ….and if so what mode?

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
324 Posts
The 21" wheels have 40 profile tyres so the likely hood of kerbing is minimal. Yes, I use the 360 camera to park, it is very accurate positioning the car from the kerb. The front and rear cameras/sensors I use so that I don't thump anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Not sure exactly what 40 profile means - does that mean in the real world it is likely rubber would connect with curb before alloy on light touches?
I’ve got to be honest I didn’t pay much attention. It wasn’t quite an impulse purchase- but not far off- I certainly did not test drive as long as I should. Hopefully not buyers remorse. Wife has terminal big C and focussing on car purchase has been a bit of a distraction.

·
Still Game
5,138 Posts
Hi,
So sorry to hear about your wife. Enjoy every minute of the time have together.

Don't worry about kerbing wheels. It really is not such a big deal and you can always get them refurbished.

40 profile is the height of the tyre as a percentage of the tyre width. In this case, the profile, sometimes known as the “aspect ratio” is ‘40’, which therefore means that the height of the tyre is 40% of the tyre width.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes have viewed a couple of you tube videos on rim protectors. But if I recall there are instances of damage being caused by fitting these so not totally sold on idea. I guess they may help with very minor bumps. Wondering if anyone else here has used them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts