Audi Q5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered an Audi Q5 50TFSIe on April 23, 2021. The car was planned to be delivered on September 30, 2021.
  • On October 13, 2021 the car dealer informed me that the car could not be delivered on time and the new expected production/delivery date would be February 2022 (+5 months)
  • On December 15, 2021 the car dealer informed me the expected production was delayed to April 2022 (+2 months)
  • On February 14, 2022, the car dealer informed me by email that the expected production/delivery is delayed to November 2022 (+6 months)

The concession confirmed to me that they actually don't know when the car will be delivered and they just are dependent on information/planning confirmed by Audi Germany. I'm wondering if anyone else encounters those delays (18 months lead time) or is my car dealer hiding some information (issues/damages/...) ?

Based on public data of deliveries in Europe of Audi/Volkswagen reports as well as local import data across Europe, I calculated a backorder delay since April 2021 of c.1 month of sales (Cfr 4000units in Europe) compared to the historical average over (2016-2019). The car dealer is only referring to cov/19 & Russion/Ukraine crisis as a cause for the delays.

Many thanks,
That seems a ridiculously long wait.

I ordered my SQ5 in July 2021 and have been advised that it's left the factory. It has to go to Emden (from Mexico) before being shipped to the UK. Expecting car to arrive at dealers towards end of April, so for me delivery has been roughly 9 months.

Maybe the hybrids require even more semi conductors than ICE cars and shortages are causing further delays?
Also, I believe wiring looms come (came) from Ukrainian suppliers and that VAG, and probably plenty of other manufacturers, are having to re-source items from other suppliers which may also be adding to the delay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That seems a ridiculously long wait.

I ordered my SQ5 in July 2021 and have been advised that it's left the factory. It has to go to Emden (from Mexico) before being shipped to the UK. Expecting car to arrive at dealers towards end of April, so for me delivery has been roughly 9 months.

Maybe the hybrids require even more semi conductors than ICE cars and shortages are causing further delays?
Also, I believe wiring looms come (came) from Ukrainian suppliers and that VAG, and probably plenty of other manufacturers, are having to re-source items from other suppliers which may also be adding to the delay.
In any case, albeit the global issues still very long wait as I was able to order it before the order "rush".
Apparently, some of the delivery issues could be related to restrictive options such as a panoramic roof and tow bar. that I got removed from my order in September.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just had notification that my car has arrived in the UK and is on the way to the dealers, so journey from Veracruz to Emden was possibly quicker than expected. Not heard yet from dealer, but might get it before Easter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That’s good news. How long was it from build to arrival in U.K.?
The information I received from Audi / dealer wasn't as comprehensive as others seemed to have, but I received an email from Audi on the 22nd March to say that it had finished final inspection. I think it takes a week from start of build to reach that stage, so in answer to your question I would estimate roughly 3½ weeks (15.03.22 to 07.04.22 = 23 days).
Dealer informs me that they usually receive cars 10 to 14 working days after they land in the UK, so after Easter looks more likely now for me.

On further investigation it looks like the vessel (City of St Petersburg) arrived at Tyne yesterday (6th) at 17.40.

Reactions: rifleman and Bulla

·
Registered
27 Posts
Latest update and car is due at dealers within the next 36 hours, so probably Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.
That makes it about 6 working days from arriving in the UK.

Car won't get prepared over the Easter weekend, so have provisionally agreed to 10.00 am on Wednesday next week for handover (it's going to be a v e r y long weekend for me 🙄).

Reactions: Bulla

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
I ordered my new Q5 55 tfsi e Competition in October 2021. Fairly quickly I was given a tentative build date of week 2 2022. A few weeks after I was given a confirmed build date of week 12 2022, 21st of March. As of today, 13th of April, the car has not been built and no one can tell me exactly why. So, patience is a virtue. Fortunately Wakefield Audi are being brilliant about the whole process.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered my new Q5 55 tfsi e Competition in October 2021. Fairly quickly I was given a tentative build date of week 2 2022. A few weeks after I was given a confirmed build date of week 12 2022, 21st of March. As of today, 13th of April, the car has not been built and no one can tell me exactly why. So, patience is a virtue. Fortunately Wakefield Audi are being brilliant about the whole process.
Hi mate, these dates are exactly the same as mine except I ordered in August. Have you had any updates since? Audi Coulsdon are saying it's still showing as build week 12 but they have no idea if it's been built or not.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
The only update I have had is that it could still be in production and/or could be waiting for a component. All I do know is that it is not on a ship. The status code is somewhat granular. Status 20 means that the components are allocated, the car could have been built or the car could be ready to go to the dock. The next status is 30 which is that it is at the dock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only update I have had is that it could still be in production and/or could be waiting for a component. All I do know is that it is not on a ship. The status code is somewhat granular. Status 20 means that the components are allocated, the car could have been built or the car could be ready to go to the dock. The next status is 30 which is that it is at the dock.
Apparently I’m at status 30 which I thought meant gathering parts prior to being built? The status seem to have changed since I ordered my current s4 in 2018. Would be great if it meant at dock though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Latest update and car is due at dealers within the next 36 hours, so probably Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.
That makes it about 6 working days from arriving in the UK.

Car won't get prepared over the Easter weekend, so have provisionally agreed to 10.00 am on Wednesday next week for handover (it's going to be a v e r y long weekend for me 🙄).
Did you get it OK? How you enjoying it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you get it OK? How you enjoying it?
Yes, had it just over two months now and generally liking it very much, particularly the refinement, seat comfort and the mid range 'shove'.

My only (minor) gripes are:
The initial step off the line feels a bit tardy when not in Sport mode (where's the 700Nm of torque?).
Would be nice if the centre screen could be moved to make it within arms reach.
The artificial exhaust sound verges on the irritating (I have it set to it's quietest setting but wish it cold be switched off - we also have an A6 V6 TDi and it is sounds just fine as it is)
Wished Audi would have allowed air suspension to be ordered on standard SQ5.

Fuel consumption is averaging around 35mpg but is a lot better on longer runs (42 - 45 mpg is quite easy), but around town it's nearer mid 20's. Not sure what it'll be when we start towing the horse trailer.

One other thing that I've found a bit odd is the number of re-gen cycles it has done (probably 4 or 5 in the first 1800 miles). On one particular occasion it did one the day after it had had a 150 mile motorway trip - so not much logic in that.

Reactions: rifleman

·
Still Game
5,092 Posts

The artificial exhaust sound verges on the irritating (I have it set to it's quietest setting but wish it cold be switched off - we also have an A6 V6 TDi and it is sounds just fine as it is)
You should be able to disconnect the speakers?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes, had it just over two months now and generally liking it very much, particularly the refinement, seat comfort and the mid range 'shove'.

The initial step off the line feels a bit tardy when not in Sport mode (where's the 700Nm of torque?).
Would be nice if the centre screen could be moved to make it within arms reach.
Wished Audi would have allowed air suspension to be ordered on standard SQ5.

Fuel consumption is averaging around 35mpg but is a lot better on longer runs (42 - 45 mpg is quite easy), but around town it's nearer mid 20's. Not sure what it'll be when we start towing the horse trailer.

One other thing that I've found a bit odd is the number of re-gen cycles it has done (probably 4 or 5 in the first 1800 miles). On one particular occasion it did one the day after it had had a 150 mile motorway trip - so not much logic in that.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a great car (no pun intended regarding the exhaust sounds!).

So overall, what was your flash to bang time - from ordering to delivery?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts