Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered an Audi Q5 50TFSIe on April 23, 2021. The car was planned to be delivered on September 30, 2021.
  • On October 13, 2021 the car dealer informed me that the car could not be delivered on time and the new expected production/delivery date would be February 2022 (+5 months)
  • On December 15, 2021 the car dealer informed me the expected production was delayed to April 2022 (+2 months)
  • On February 14, 2022, the car dealer informed me by email that the expected production/delivery is delayed to November 2022 (+6 months)

The concession confirmed to me that they actually don't know when the car will be delivered and they just are dependent on information/planning confirmed by Audi Germany. I'm wondering if anyone else encounters those delays (18 months lead time) or is my car dealer hiding some information (issues/damages/...) ?

Based on public data of deliveries in Europe of Audi/Volkswagen reports as well as local import data across Europe, I calculated a backorder delay since April 2021 of c.1 month of sales (Cfr 4000units in Europe) compared to the historical average over (2016-2019). The car dealer is only referring to cov/19 & Russion/Ukraine crisis as a cause for the delays.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
10 Posts
That seems a ridiculously long wait.

I ordered my SQ5 in July 2021 and have been advised that it's left the factory. It has to go to Emden (from Mexico) before being shipped to the UK. Expecting car to arrive at dealers towards end of April, so for me delivery has been roughly 9 months.

Maybe the hybrids require even more semi conductors than ICE cars and shortages are causing further delays?
Also, I believe wiring looms come (came) from Ukrainian suppliers and that VAG, and probably plenty of other manufacturers, are having to re-source items from other suppliers which may also be adding to the delay.
In any case, albeit the global issues still very long wait as I was able to order it before the order "rush".
Apparently, some of the delivery issues could be related to restrictive options such as a panoramic roof and tow bar. that I got removed from my order in September.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts