Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
279 Posts
I am waiting for my new Q5. I ordered it about a month ago with a 5 to 6 month lead time. I spoke to Audi and they have component shortages and, ironically, demand is currently exceeding supply. If you wanted to order a Vorsprung Q5 with a sunroof then they won't even give you a build date.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
This doesn't surprise me. Until the ship or train is full or almost full then nothing moves. Bearing in mind that Madrid is roughly in the centre of Spain then I would assume that they will use rail. However, it will not go directly from Emden to Madrid, as it will stop at other centres. The train will deliver to a distribution centre so your Q5 will not move again until the car transporter is full. Once the Q5 gets to the dealer then a PDI is performed which takes a maximum of a day. If they use a ship then the process is more complicated and it would add up to a week to the transportation.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I ordered my Q5 55 TFSI e mid October and I have just had a confirmed build week of 10, 2022. My dealer informed me that I should get it by the end of April/beginning of May :).

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Check the paintwork in different light conditions. If they have had to respray a panel certain colours can be difficult to match or blend in.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I ordered my new Q5 55 tfsi e Competition in October 2021. Fairly quickly I was given a tentative build date of week 2 2022. A few weeks after I was given a confirmed build date of week 12 2022, 21st of March. As of today, 13th of April, the car has not been built and no one can tell me exactly why. So, patience is a virtue. Fortunately Wakefield Audi are being brilliant about the whole process.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
The only update I have had is that it could still be in production and/or could be waiting for a component. All I do know is that it is not on a ship. The status code is somewhat granular. Status 20 means that the components are allocated, the car could have been built or the car could be ready to go to the dock. The next status is 30 which is that it is at the dock.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I was/am in the same situation as you. I ordered my Q5 55 in October 2021. The car was delivered to my dealer yesterday and I have arranged to collect it next Thursday. The price and configuration has not changed and my PCP repayments are the same as quoted originally. The 6 weeks is correct as it is shipped to Emden in Northern Germany then from there to the North of England then the South.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Just been to see my Q5 55 tfsi e to check it over. The only item missing was the wireless charging mat. Who cares as where the mat should be there is a USB-C socket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts