Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

First post! :) I ordered a new 2021 Q5 on mid June 2021, and I'm still wating for the car. I just contacted my dealer here in Spain and the salesman said to me that on 10 November the car left San Jose to Veracruz. I think it should be already in Veracruz... Good progress had been made because it should have left San Jose on 25 November not 10 November according to the initial planning.

That said. According to the sales man, it seems there is a bottleneck in Veracruz, and they are experiencing delays. They can not ensure that the car will get Spain before the end of the year. It sounds crazy to me! As far as I know the car will go to Emden first, and then Spain but not sure...:(

Anyone else waiting?

Best regards
Alberto

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
I am waiting for my new Q5. I ordered it about a month ago with a 5 to 6 month lead time. I spoke to Audi and they have component shortages and, ironically, demand is currently exceeding supply. If you wanted to order a Vorsprung Q5 with a sunroof then they won't even give you a build date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am waiting for my new Q5. I ordered it about a month ago with a 5 to 6 month lead time. I spoke to Audi and they have component shortages and, ironically, demand is currently exceeding supply. If you wanted to order a Vorsprung Q5 with a sunroof then they won't even give you a build date.
Oh I see! I ordered it mine on June, but soon I forgot everything and was not thinking about it for many many months. However, as time goes by I'm getting restless :) Hope I get the car previous to Christmas vacation. Let's see hehe....what I'm not sure it is about the route from Mexico to Europe. It seems the route is San José -> Veracruz -> Emden....but not sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi!

I just got a message from my salesman, and he told me that Siem Aristotle arrived Emden at 4 December with my car. After checking different vessels and dates the last weeks, I had in mind that the car would be in Siem Plato that arrives Emden on 19 December.

Till here great news. However, the salesman told me that based on the info he has from the internal tracking application, the car will arrive the car dealership on 12 January :eek: I do not understand it. Hope it is an error.....one month and a half from Emden to Madrid..🤯

Best regards

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
This doesn't surprise me. Until the ship or train is full or almost full then nothing moves. Bearing in mind that Madrid is roughly in the centre of Spain then I would assume that they will use rail. However, it will not go directly from Emden to Madrid, as it will stop at other centres. The train will deliver to a distribution centre so your Q5 will not move again until the car transporter is full. Once the Q5 gets to the dealer then a PDI is performed which takes a maximum of a day. If they use a ship then the process is more complicated and it would add up to a week to the transportation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I understand. The salesman does not have more information. From what I have investigated, the car comes in a ship to Santander (Spain), and then a train to Madrid. But I'm not completely sure about this... I will tell you when I have the car :)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I ordered my Q5 55 TFSI e mid October and I have just had a confirmed build week of 10, 2022. My dealer informed me that I should get it by the end of April/beginning of May :).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great! Like me, more or less 6-7 months. I ordered mine mid June and if nothing happens, I will have it during the first 2 weeks of January. Till October, I did not think a lot about it, but the last 2 months are being complicated 😅

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still waiting for the car. It had to be at the dealership on Wednesday, but it was not. This is being frustrating. I claimed to the salesman that if I do not have the car in January, I will look for other options outside of Audi. I've been waiting 7 months, they told me the car was in Emden on 4 December and one month a half later they do not know where the car is. Surrealist!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered new 45tfsi edition 1 in august 2021 with a lead time of 20 to 24 weeks been told build week 8 expect it in June 2022, the wait is difficult to say the least🤣

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome @Sim! Yes, definetely the wait is a pain :) In my case, I'm still waiting.....At least, the car is already in the storage park in Madrid. It has been there for a week and now I'm waiting it gets to the car delarship. It is being a nighmare. I think my case it is not normal. The car left factory on 8 November, and it seems there is something they do not tell me because 3 months delivery from factory....it is crazy!

Good luck with the process. I'm sure it will not be like mine :)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Check the paintwork in different light conditions. If they have had to respray a panel certain colours can be difficult to match or blend in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I got the car yesterday. It is in perfect state. Thank you so much for the comments and helping me through the whole process. When I see the date I opened this thread, I think how naive I was thinking about getting the car before Christmas vacacion 😅

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered an Audi Q5 50TFSIe on April 23, 2021. The car was planned to be delivered on September 30, 2021.
  • On October 13, 2021 the car dealer informed me that the car could not be delivered on time and the new expected production/delivery date would be February 2022 (+5 months)
  • On December 15, 2021 the car dealer informed me the expected production was delayed to April 2022 (+2 months)
  • On February 14, 2022, the car dealer informed me by email that the expected production/delivery is delayed to November 2022 (+6 months)

The concession confirmed to me that they actually don't know when the car will be delivered and they just are dependent on information/planning confirmed by Audi Germany. I'm wondering if anyone else encounters those delays (18 months lead time) or is my car dealer hiding some information (issues/damages/...) ?

Based on public data of deliveries in Europe of Audi/Volkswagen reports as well as local import data across Europe, I calculated a backorder delay since April 2021 of c.1 month of sales (Cfr 4000units in Europe) compared to the historical average over (2016-2019). The car dealer is only referring to cov/19 & Russion/Ukraine crisis as a cause for the delays.

Many thanks,

1 - 20 of 48 Posts