Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
'ello 'ello peeps,

I've just picked up a brand new 2021 model Q5 40 TDI S-line to replace my previous 8R model Q5. It's a superb piece of kit but for one annoyance. Is anyone else disappointed with the centre armrest? The 8R armrest had a ratchet mechanism that held it in position but this one is just held with friction, as soon as i put any weight on it it drops to the bottom. is this normal?

It doesn't extend either. Pants.
Hi mate did you get a resolution to this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Collected my new q5 edition 1 week ago and very disappointed with central arm rest having traded in perfectly good 4 year old q5 with fully functioning armrest!!!! I see on the Audi Configurator they have changed the armrest back to sliding and height adjustment armrest as standard but what about all the rest of us? I’ve contacted local dealership and am awaiting a reply #notahappybunny
I am in the same situation. I was told by audi customer service that basically it is what it is, it cant be changed to an adjustable one, get on with it. Angry is an understatement. Let me know if you get anywhere please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not in the 2021 models - I got my q5 edition 1 on 29 July 2021 🙁
Audi UK are telling me now that once again if you buy a Q5 built as new now it will have the adjustable arm rest, but previous stock builds didnt have this feature. They have apologised for the inconvenience and offered me £250 to go away quietly,

it seems to me that either committed to this ridiculous cost down but have rolled back on it now, or they didn’t have enough parts for the adjustable version so did a mod, and now they have stock again, either way it has left me even more annoyed.

fuming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my new Q5 yesterday from Southampton Audi. The arm rest is a cheap and cheerful representation of a premium car together with the fact of no phone charger obviously a parts shortage, lets just bung on parts from some bottom of the range model. Most unhappy ruins a lovely car.
100% mate. Im still fuming about it but you cant get anywhere with them on it. Even though their website still advertising a proper arm rest for new builds. They gave me £250 to go away. Id of paid £1000 to fix it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts