Attachments

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I like it ,a bit more agression,look 4ward to the sq version 😄

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks like an artist's image of a Q5 sized version of the soon to be launched Q1!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hoping it doesnt appear until I'm ready to renew next time! Always my dread to buy new only to discover a replacement is in the pipeline with all the latest wizardry and toys!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I think all of us buying now have this worry and the release date isn't clear for a new model yet. I am a bit concerned I am buying a fairly old tech car which isn't the most dynamic of shapes now but given I'm getting an SQ5 I can live with that old tech for a while. Also even if a new model comes along late next year any SQ5 replacement will be further down the line so it will just be good reason for me to change after 3 years instead of the intended 4.

Reactions: Rowanlaw

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Precisely ^

·
Registered
884 Posts
That is one ugly Q5, i hope they change that grill.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks great, and I bet it drives great if the Porsche Macan is anything to go by. I'll have see what part exchanges are like in a couple of years. Stiil waiting for my Q5. Its being built next week.

Reactions: Rowanlaw

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure it's a good idea to have one of the first ones off the production line - and that goes for any car.
That's always my thought with a new model as well. Porsche is a master at this...by the time the version of the 911 GT3 that you really want is finally available, the new version of the 911 is only a year away and then the whole process starts all over again. Not surprising they share more than just tech across the VW Group, but marketing strategies as well.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The grill on the 'new' Q5, shown in the first post of this thread, is ugly and cheap looking, with just broad horizontal plastic sections.
Nothing like as classy as all the subsequent photo's of RS's etc, and certainly not as stunning as the iconic standard grill which will come with my 14 S-line plus.

I know progress is the name of the game, and falling behind is costly, but I believe the current full frontal view of the Q5/SQ5 is it's best view, and I would not swap it, even if given right now the option of THAT new grill.
It just doesn't look 'Audi Q5 ish' enough!!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Varied opinions,I like it,and look 4ward to the upgrade in 2 years 😄

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think there is a lot of "trying to feel good about the potential old model". Has Audi ever launched a cheap and ugly car. It will be great and we will all want one. Just watch this forum in 12 months.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think there is a lot of "trying to feel good about the potential old model". Has Audi ever launched a cheap and ugly car. It will be great and we will all want one. Just watch this forum in 12 months.
True, and it's amazing how quickly a car looks 'old' when the line is discontinued and superceded.
However, (to try and explain what I mean-hypothetically) if both were on offer now, with this was just a different variant of the Q5, like SQ5 but at an identical price, I would still choose the original version.

I get the impression they're trying to tend more towards 'Evoque' style rather than Q5 style, and personally think there's no need.

·
Registered
221 Posts
By the time this is released the competition out there will be of more concern than the look of the cheap grille.

This is the new face of Audis and the competition means it will have to be a damn good car to keep current owners interested.

Think New Porsche Macan, new Jag SUV, new smaller LR Discovery, new VW and Skoda offerings, even the new Ford Edge will be worth looking at.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts