Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, attached View attachment MY2015 Q5 PIB.pdf is Audi USA info on changes for MY2015. Some interesting changes include the addition of Sepang Blue and Daytona Grey as options, no more Estoril. Also the Black Optic package includes body colored mirrors on the SQ5 (if I read that correct) and no more 20 inch off road wheels.

Attachments

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Google chrome is not letting me open the link or pic 😞

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
As Snow Man has described, the Country sales organisation of the vehicle manufacturer determines both the model ranges and specification mix/options that will be available. Manufacturers have made expensive mistakes in the past through not embracing subtle cultural and fashion changes in a particular country or region. Audi/VW are sensitive to this.

Over the years colours have come in and gone out of fashion, back in the 80s metallic bronzes and greens were all the rage in the country, now your rarely see a new green car. Audi/VW are currently stuck on insipid greys and silvers, black and dark colours like Estoril Blue... A few years back manufacturers couldn't sell white cars in Japan, in fact I knew of an importer who accidentally ordered some and I know for a fact that after sitting in a harbour compound for a couple of years they were scrapped, brand new and unused.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, did not know that. Thanks for the education.

But options in the US tend to be offered in Packages, while here there is a good deal of pick and choose of specific options on ordered cars. If a colour such as Daytona grey is an option in the US, surely it won't be a special colour in the UK and I can't see Audi UK not including it for here.

Doesn't matter to me as I'll soon be receiving my MY14 SQ5 with current available options, but it might be food for thought for those considering MY15 orders.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'll miss the 20" off road wheels.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Wow, did not know that. Thanks for the education.

But options in the US tend to be offered in Packages, while here there is a good deal of pick and choose of specific options on ordered cars. If a colour such as Daytona grey is an option in the US, surely it won't be a special colour in the UK and I can't see Audi UK not including it for here.

Doesn't matter to me as I'll soon be receiving my MY14 SQ5 with current available options, but it might be food for thought for those considering MY15 orders.
Again its the US country importer making tactical decisions over product mix and packaging in a known and fickle market, more options are standard because of the length of the supply chain/distance from the the Mfg plant in Germany....our US friends just won't wear the kind of prices that the Europeans will pay...but its a massive market to ignore even if the margins are lower....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yep, each importer picks each model and what the base spec is included and what extras would be included.
No colours are special - they are just picked from a chart of factory colour.

As you point out DG is available on the SQ in the US, its not an option for the UK.
Everything is market driven by the importer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts