Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All,

Happy New Year to everyone!

I believe the current Audi Finance offers have expired and was wondering if anyone knew what the new ones are and if there will be any contributions etc?

Just 59 days until I take delivery of mine (In theory!).

Mike

·
Registered
952 Posts
Interested in this too as my delivery is expected March. Also have a very attractive balloon payment loan offer from my bank with a flat rate of 2.8%. Final value is lower so the payments go up a bit but then there should be more equity at the end point.

Not sure how the dealer will take it if I suggest I may not take their finance as that has been assumed all along.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I thought the rates changed in October.

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interested in this too as my delivery is expected March. Also have a very attractive balloon payment loan offer from my bank with a flat rate of 2.8%. Final value is lower so the payments go up a bit but then there should be more equity at the end point.

Not sure how the dealer will take it if I suggest I may not take their finance as that has been assumed all along.
Hi David!

That is a cracking rate. Which bank is that?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Audi finance prices have changed.
35 monthly payments of £489.00 Customer deposit £7,595.40 Recommended on-the-road price £39,055.00 Amount of credit £31,459.60 Optional final payment £19,215.36 Total amount payable by customer £43,985.76 Acceptance fee* £125.00 Option to purchase fee** £60.00 Rate of Interest (fixed) 6.4% Representative APR 6.6%
I think the optional final payment has gone up as well.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hi Andy

That rate is from Danske Bank, previously Northern Bank in Northern Ireland.

Having said that I was looking at a VW today for my second car, also a new car. APR was showing at 5.8%, dealer said the flat rate was 2.75%, is that sounding right? They also surprisingly didn't care if I went with their finance or went elsewhere, usually I thought dealers were mega keen to get the full package.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was told they don't do the audi finance rates on the sq5 just the q5 - best they would offer is 8.2 apt and not on a pcp basis - pretty poor really, but not many banks want to finance a 50k car! Not sure if anyone has got better on the sq5?!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes I was offered the low rate PCP on my SQ5, need to look back but think it was 6.3% on 4 year basis.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Andy

That rate is from Danske Bank, previously Northern Bank in Northern Ireland.

Having said that I was looking at a VW today for my second car, also a new car. APR was showing at 5.8%, dealer said the flat rate was 2.75%, is that sounding right? They also surprisingly didn't care if I went with their finance or went elsewhere, usually I thought dealers were mega keen to get the full package.
Yes, that flat rate would equate to an APR of 5.8. The reason that they aren't bothered if you take the finance or not is that when it is a promotional rate (as it is in this case) there is no commission to be made as the rate is so low that VW finance will actually be making a loss when you factor in their overheads and risk etc.

Lombard are pretty much unbeatable on new car finance rates thanks to Funding For Lending. Annoyingly, as we aren't a bank, we can't get our hands on it!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good info thanks andy. Guess the plus point for VW is they get customers into their PCP deals and thus the likelihood of repeat business is high.

Might look at Lombard altho felt the VW rate was pretty hot and convenient. Problem with the danske offer was they set the balloon a lot lower thus payments went up. Would of course be a bonus at end of term given the residuals are hoped to be strong but monthlies are not attractive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts