Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than hijack the MY2015 thread...As Snow Man had posted Audi have some sort of customer retention campaign for existing PCP deals

Following on from pro-active call from the dealer "would you be interested in trading up your 1 year old SQ5 for another one, a £500 deposit will do it" I've been into the dealer this afternoon and checked through the 3 year PCP numbers.

As I rather suspected as it all seemed too good to be true there was an error in the base price of the vehicle and the cost to swap became £3000. So my SQ has just crossed 16,000 miles it's a year old and I can swap it for MY2015 for £3k, so at say 16 months old in August and 18,000 miles when the next one would arrive and I've paid £187.50 a month in depreciation.

It's an absolute no-brainer so I've paid the £500 deposit and ordered an identical car.

Sepang Blue looks great, there isn't anything that I didn't order last time that I've missed and the only variances are TPM being standard and not having the reversible boot mat (nearly useless in practice) with the Audi boot-liner/RGM bumper protector being a better solution.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sounds great John, were you not tempted to add any more options, not sure what you have missed though! What wheels are you getting?

What is the final value on the new deal compared to the present car?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Rather than hijack the MY2015 thread...As Snow Man had posted Audi have some sort of customer retention campaign for existing PCP deals

Following on from pro-active call from the dealer "would you be interested in trading up your 1 year old SQ5 for another one, a £500 deposit will do it" I've been into the dealer this afternoon and checked through the 3 year PCP numbers.

As I rather suspected as it all seemed too good to be true there was an error in the base price of the vehicle and the cost to swap became £3000. So my SQ has just crossed 16,000 miles it's a year old and I can swap it for MY2015 for £3k, so at say 16 months old in August and 18,000 miles when the next one would arrive and I've paid £187.50 a month in depreciation.

It's an absolute no-brainer so I've paid the £500 deposit and ordered an identical car.

Sepang Blue looks great, there isn't anything that I didn't order last time that I've missed and the only variances are TPM being standard and not having the reversible boot mat (nearly useless in practice) with the Audi boot-liner/RGM bumper protector being a better solution.
im contacting my dealer 2mro and gona c if there's anything like that available to me,mines paid for out rite ,but I'd happily pay 3k for a new 1 sep 1st,if poss,it's prob only available to pop customers,but I've got to ask,with the deal bein that good í ½í¸„

·
Registered
952 Posts
Can't see this only applies to PCP customers, Audi want to see more cars and want to retain customers. They are just banking on strong Q5 residuals and enhancing the discount on new ones as it's not too far off being replaced.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Gr8 I'm on that then,if that cums off ill b over the moon,ad long as I get my 10% off again 😄

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Can't see this only applies to PCP customers, Audi want to see more cars and want to retain customers. They are just banking on strong Q5 residuals and enhancing the discount on new ones as it's not too far off being replaced.
Retention initiative is aimed only at PCP buyers and you must have an existing deal.
They want to lock people into new contracts.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Sounds great John, were you not tempted to add any more options, not sure what you have missed though! What wheels are you getting?

What is the final value on the new deal compared to the present car?
Thanks Davyk31, In truth the advanced tech pack has stuff that I'd probably find annoying like Lane Assist. I've had cars with adaptive headlights and when the bulk of one's driving is motorway they don't add much value. I've had pano roofs before and don't like them (ran Audi A4/A5 Cabrios for 10 years) so maybe its out of my system, I spec'd my Evoque with one and drove it most of the time with the blind shut. TV I wouldn't use nor the cup holders. I hankered after having an Alcantara head-liner as a pure indulgence but decided against it.

Maybe when the 2015MY brochure appears there will be some must-have...

Wheels, standard 20". I'm not a fan of the 21" wheels personally, the 20s are further from the curb, the ride quality is excellent and the tyres are already expensive at nearly £1000 a set and as I have already discovered can be required in as little as 12,000 miles.
On reflection looking back 20 years or so I was really into big wheels, I've had painful lessons that they aren't worth the hassle with poor road quality/pot holes and so easily damaged, the bigger the sidewall the better now!

Projected value I don't have at this moment, I suspect that the trade-in value has been bolstered by an Audi contribution, as I looked at this briefly back in January and the deal is nearly £6000 sweeter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Retention initiative is aimed only at PCP buyers and you must have an existing deal.
They want to lock people into new contracts.
Yes, this is purely for PCP customers.

They are making hay while the sun shines. I was on an FCA course this week and they are launching an investigation into PCP deals and are looking at whether they unfairly "snare" consumers into returning to the same brand / dealer over and over again.

Just as they have here!

It is a great deal in this case though!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
looks great, there isn't anything that I didn't order last time that I've missed and the only variances are TPM being standard and not having the reversible boot mat (nearly useless in practice) with the Audi boot-liner/RGM bumper protector being a better solution.

Sq5John, what is the RGM bumper protector? I have the semi rigid bootliner, which is excellent, but not sure what the other is?
Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
I can't really see how PCP deals unfairly snare anyone in to a dealer or brand. If the value was too high you just hand the car back, if lower then you can trade in wherever, you will often get a worse trade offer from another brand of course but that applies whether you are buying cash or PCP.

Best case is sell yourself private or to another dealer , pay off Audi and buy what you want.

What am I missing?

Will be interesting to see how the cash buyer on here gets on with his investigations. Of course if he is finding they won't deal for cash he can take a PCP and immediately repay.

·
Registered
952 Posts
As regards bumper protectors I have a Bumper Bib I bought a few years back. Attached this to boot floor, have Audi load liner in boot, this sits under when not used and roll out over bumper when needed. Covers all the top of bumper and all painted face of bumper. Black PVC heavy material. Problem with other bumper protector mentioned here is that it is a permanent view plastic item and only covers the top of bumper.

Not sure the bumper bib can be got in uk anymore but eBay has sellers with rubber flaps that will do the same job.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can't really see how PCP deals unfairly snare anyone in to a dealer or brand. If the value was too high you just hand the car back, if lower then you can trade in wherever, you will often get a worse trade offer from another brand of course but that applies whether you are buying cash or PCP.

Best case is sell yourself private or to another dealer , pay off Audi and buy what you want.

What am I missing?

Will be interesting to see how the cash buyer on here gets on with his investigations. Of course if he is finding they won't deal for cash he can take a PCP and immediately repay.
The new rules that came into force on 1st April mean that every customer must now be guided through every step of the process as if they are a child. It is pathetic.

The FCA are concerned by the number of consumers returning again and again for PCP deals. They are also concerned that PCP deals mean that consumers take on more debt than they perhaps should.

Maybe the consumer WANTS a new PCP deal at the end of their current one. Maybe the consumer WANTS to go back the same dealer / brand. It beggars belief.

Just as the MMR has pretty much ruled out 20-25% of applicants for mortgages due to the ridiculous new affordability rules, the same rules will affect consumer finance on vehicles and personal loans from September. I have many self employed clients that have been with us for years happily paying for cars. As of September, a lot of them won't be able to finance a car as on paper, it is unaffordable.

Total knee jerk overreaction to a few bad apple lenders (namely payday) ruins it for everyone.

Anyway, I digress (sorry, new regulations have taken over my life!). Rant over.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

What am I missing?

I'll let u no in 3 hrs how I got on as a £ customer 4 being retained í ½í¸„

·
Registered
116 Posts
Excuse me but what/where is the incentive of swapping a 1 year old car for a new exact one.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
The incentive would b havering a 50k car 4 a year ,and only loseing 3k on it,and haveing a brand new,with brand new tyres,brakes etc,in the 1st years life of a 50k car u would usually lose @least 10k.so I would also be 7k in front,@ 3k to swap I'd happily dp that every year ,it's such a no brainer,I wouldn't even need a service,I'd b chopping it in b4 it's even due,if you add all the wear and tear parts,ie tyres,brakes,servicing,and wat have you that I would never have to pay 4,that alone would add up to over £1500 a year,take that off the 3k aswel then were actualy saying brand new car every year for £1500,THERES THE INCENTIVE 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish you would go and play some-place else...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You are clearly missing the point - Audi are bonusing dealers with regards to signing up those already on existing PCPs.
The pot of money AUK has set aside for this can not be used for/by a cash buyer like me. You have to have an existing PCP agreement via your Audi dealer. taking on a PCP then paying it up would not have the results in the way you desire - but wishful thinking...

Its no difference to the dealer deposit you get with certain model offers - those deposits are not available to cash buyers.
A deal can always be struck, depends on who and where the sweeteners are coming from...

·
Registered
952 Posts
We haven't heard back yet from SQ Beast so let's wait and see.

·
Registered
814 Posts
1 - 20 of 171 Posts