Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2013 Q5 and have had several issues that I can not seem to resolve. Would appreciate some knowledgeable help:
1. When I let up on the accelerator and the car is on an incline, even a very slight incline, I can feel a deceleration that is mechanical. It feels like there is a brake being applied. It is very annoying.
2. When accelerating from a stop, there is a hesitation which presents as a balk followed by a whiplash. Again, very annoying.
3. The shift paddles on the steering wheel do not move. They are locked in place and are unusable.
4. I've taken the car on several 300-400 mile trips and have tracked fuel economy. I'm getting between 19-20 mpg. I'd accept this if I was driving it hard, but that is not the case.
5. I live on a short rock chip drive and have now had a rock chip stuck in the brake/wheel twice that had to be removed.
I love the car generally, however feel that these issues are decreasing my enjoyment to a degree that is troublesome.
Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'd suggest getting the mechatronic unit looked at - it's a known issue with earlier models (2009-2010 especially), although given the age of your vehicle, thought this problem had been sorted.
Re rock chips / gravel getting stuck between pads and discs - a frequent issue experienced on gritted French Alpine roads - Audi technician simply advised me to drive the vehicle forwards 10 metres, stop, put into reverse and apply slight pressure onto brake and accelerator at the same time. Culprit stones will more-often-than-not simply dislodge themselves. Simples...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just returned from a weekend trip up the coast, during which the MMI (?) unit (the display on the dash) went black, lost navigation location, disconnected the blue tooth device, then restarted itself after several seconds. Anyone else see this?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Mine has once. I had the ignition on for a while before starting the car, noticed as we got up the road the MMI turned off and restarted.

I assumed I had started the car at the same moment as some timer to turn the MMI off to power save and it got all confused about starting the car and trying to power save at the same time!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Got in mine today and had no radio for some reason, no stations at all. Switched it to media and then back to radio and there they were!
I found the same things happened with the infotainment system in the Touareg.

·
Registered
41 Posts
To the original poster- If it was me i would send it strait back to the dealer and would not be leaving in it, with the list of issues apart from the stones from the drive simply tell them that it is "not fit for purpose" I retuned a brand new range rover Autobiography after 8000miles that had loads of issues- i received a full refund, a discount on a new order
and a courtesy car while awaiting delivery (mind you it was a evoque, where was the courtesy in that!!

When you buy something, consumer law says the item must be fit for purpose.For example, a toaster must be able to make toast and a washing machine must be able to wash clothes, a car must be as it is intended.As well as being fit for their normal purpose goods must also be fit for any specific purpose that the seller told you they would be fit for.

The law which gives you this right is called the Sale of Goods Act.This right only applies when you buy something from a business, not from a private seller.

Its the law and the dealer can not argue with it. The Sale of Goods Act says that goods that are not fit for their normal purpose are not of satisfactory quality and you have the right to return them to the seller and get a refund.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts