Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was pluggin in my iphone charger to my cigarette lighter & all of a sudden I noticed smoke was coming from the port. So I quickly pulled out the charger. How ever after trying the charger in every auxiliary port in the car to find out none of them are now working I think i blew the fuse.... can some one help me locate where the fuse would be ? I have the manual & I think I've found the fuse but its not giving me the exact location of the fuse.

it says there are 2
No. 15 Auxiliary fuse (instrument panel) 10 Amps
No. 16 Auxiliary fuse terminal 15 (engine area) 40 Amps

Which one do I need to replace & how do i know if I am pulling the correct fuse ?

I have not done very much I just pulled the covers off of both fuse panels & started the search. Im assuming its in the fuse panel on the drivers side door the manual is not really helping me as I do not understand what No. 15 or No. 16 are or where I can locate them... HELP ive looked on youtube, nothing, searched multiple forums with no help if anyone has any insight to helping me replace the fuse it would be a great help

I need specific instructions as the manual is not very specific, i figured there would be a diagram in it, but there is not

for example
"open the drivers fuse box all the way to the left, 5 fuses down there is a 10 Amp fuse that controls the cigarette/auxiliary ports"

·
Banned
179 Posts
Pretty sure page 221 of the manual shows the exact fuse locations? Check the corresponding coloured blocks not the picture

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fuse for 12v sockets and cigarette lighter are in the luggage compartment on the right hand side. Pull out the recessed cover and there are 3 fuse carriers. The one you want is the centre (brown) one. Fuse 2, numbered from inside to out is the fuse you are looking for. Remove the red retainer to access the fuse. You will be able to see if the fuse has blown as the horseshoe shaped portion will no longer be intact. Replace with 20amp fuse.

If that fuse is OK check the second fuse from the other end in case I have got the orientation wrong!!

Reactions: sixquid

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Some chargers have a small fuse built in, have you tried to see if a different charger gets power?

The manual does have a pretty good guide on fuse positions, I was tinkering with them the other day looking for a camera feed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuse for 12v sockets and cigarette lighter are in the luggage compartment on the right hand side. Pull out the recessed cover and there are 3 fuse carriers. The one you want is the centre (brown) one. Fuse 2, numbered from inside to out is the fuse you are looking for. Remove the red retainer to access the fuse. You will be able to see if the fuse has blown as the horseshoe shaped portion will no longer be intact. Replace with 20amp fuse.

If that fuse is OK check the second fuse from the other end in case I have got the orientation wrong!!
@Chaznik Have the manual & its quite complicated for me to understand I do not understand it as it says No. 21, I get confused when i read it
@rubyslad There is no fuse box located in the trunk. I pulled the right side liner (& the left just to make sure) & could not locate any fuses in the trunk.

Im just going to head to the dealer to get it figured out right now thanks for the help tho

·
Registered
190 Posts
do you not see this when you pull out the right hand trim panel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rubyslad - I just saw your post, perfect timing, I must be thick but I can't figure out how to release the pink fuse retaining clip in order to remove the fuse. Tried pushing the tab on the outboard end but no luck. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts