Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a new 2013 Audi Q5 tomorrow. I live in NYC and for everyone who has done parallel parking or left their cars on the streets in a big city know how hard it can be on the bumpers. Every car trying to park next to you, can bump you or scratch that expensive paint. I am looking to get a front and rear bull bar for the Q5. Can anyone recommend a brand or link me to the seller? Anyone has these installed. What are your experiences.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not realize this is a European forum. Here in the States, these things are encouraged. Especially in NYC, otherwise your car's bumper is bound to get scratched up bad...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here in the UK it is illegal to have anything onthe front of the car that might injure a pedestrian. Of course any car hitting a pedestrian is going to cause injury but the whole focus is on reducing the degree of injury and so pointy stuff onthe front is frowned on - well it's more than frowned on it's illegal. I used to live in Africa where it was common to hit animals on the road at night (big animals) and bull bars were an essential for that reason but there's no good argument for having them here otherwise I'd have them just so I could nudge the odd a***hole in the car park (only kidding)>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts