Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any figures regarding fuel consumption of the latest 2 litre Tdi as found in the 2013 models. Is it better than the old 170 BHP models?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well I don't know whether it is better than the pre-facelift but my Oct 12 model has averaged 36.5mpg over the first 3,000 miles - a long way short of the claimed figure even taking into account that it is a new engine. I would describe my driving style as "economical".

My last XC60 I averaged 39.5 over 8,000 miles compared to a combined figure of 41.5mpg.

Having said that, the 3.0 tdi Q5 I have as a courtesy car is great fun to drive. I could see my mpg figures dropping considerably if I owned one of these :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
We are averaging 35mpg over 4000 miles. I would describe my driving style as economical (40% of the miles). I would describe my wifes driving style as hesitant and therefore using more fuel due to slowing too much and then using heavy acceleration to get back up to speed. Think realistically it would be closer to 40mpg if I drove all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts