Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am new to the forum and was hoping to get some expert advice. So I have 2012 Q5 2.0 plus that I purchased used with 63,000 miles on it. It was meticulously maintained according to the car fax. It now has 73,000 miles and the other day the parking system stopped working.

It is greyed out in the settings screen (see pics)

I have no idea what did this. I tried to get into the MMI green screen but I could not get in. Not sure if I could figure out anything in there anyways but figured I would try.

Any Ideas? or suggestions

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi mcirillo5 -- good morning. Weird that it is actually sitting in the 'off' position whilst greyed out. Have not got my manual handy but is there a fuse for the parking system or relay that might have popped ? Sometimes the good old disconnect battery for a few minutes trick can produce results.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Sometimes the good old disconnect battery for a few minutes trick can produce results.
Had to do that for my MMI last week (it had completely died; fuses were all OK) but was advised by dealer to leave disconnected for at least 30 mins - it worked ................

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi MrH good result there. Worth other members keeping the fix in mind. Hope it works for mcirillo5. Its amazing that no matter how far advanced technology gets, it's down to a simple power down to remedy a lot of faults. Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies. I will check the fuse for sure as well as put it in reverse while menu is up. Last resort disconnect battery. Will I need any codes or anything to reconnect MMI or is it plug and play?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I didn't need any codes or anything; it was just a disconnect, leave, reconnect. All a mystery to me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately I checked the fuse and disconnected the battery and still did not work. The other thing about this is my sensors stopped working front and back perhaps it is something else?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Maybe a dodgy sensor, I had to get a couple changed in my A4, it gave a loud beep the first time it was put into reverse after every start up to warn the system was U/S.

Probably worth getting it scanned to se if any fault codes have been logged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK I am new to the forum and was hoping to get some expert advice. So I have 2012 Q5 2.0 plus that I purchased used with 63,000 miles on it. It was meticulously maintained according to the car fax. It now has 73,000 miles and the other day the parking system stopped working.

It is greyed out in the settings screen (see pics)

I have no idea what did this. I tried to get into the MMI green screen but I could not get in. Not sure if I could figure out anything in there anyways but figured I would try.

Any Ideas? or suggestions

Thanks,
Mike
did you fixed the problem somehow???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts