Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Q5 with 9000 miles stalled today as I left the driveway. I restarted it three times - each time it ran for 30 seconds then stalled again. Finally it restarted but displayed the "TPMS" warning light, the "Stabilization off" warning light, and "Parking Brake Malfunction" warning lights. I turned the engine off again, but when it is restarted the same lights and warnings display each time. In addition, it has absolutely NO power. As I tried to drive it around the block and back into my driveway I could barely get it to go 20 mph. I have the Q5 with a turbo, but it appears the turbo wasn't working... Worst of all, the engine sounds much louder than it's supposed to - like an old heap - as it tries to accelerate.

Is this just happening to my car or has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm having it towed to the dealer tomorrow, but I am bummed out to say the least. New cars aren't supposed to have this kind of problem and now I have no car to drive unless they can give me a loaner, which they should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 2011 Q5 with 9000 miles stalled today as I left the driveway. I restarted it three times - each time it ran for 30 seconds then stalled again. Finally it restarted but displayed the "TPMS" warning light, the "Stabilization off" warning light, and "Parking Brake Malfunction" warning lights. I turned the engine off again, but when it is restarted the same lights and warnings display each time. In addition, it has absolutely NO power. As I tried to drive it around the block and back into my driveway I could barely get it to go 20 mph. I have the Q5 with a turbo, but it appears the turbo wasn't working... Worst of all, the engine sounds much louder than it's supposed to - like an old heap - as it tries to accelerate.

Is this just happening to my car or has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm having it towed to the dealer tomorrow, but I am bummed out to say the least. New cars aren't supposed to have this kind of problem and now I have no car to drive unless they can give me a loaner, which they should.
UPDATE - it's a day later and it's fixed. The dealer said a clamp broke (how?) and allowed a vacuum tube to come undone, which caused all of the other problems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

Thank goodness they identified & fixed the problem so quickly.

I guess the tube must be connected to the inlet manifold (the most likely source of a vacuum) and when the clamp broke it allowed excessive air into the manifold which would dilute the fuel mixture - hence the total lack of power.

As you state it would be good to know how exactly the clamp 'broke' in the first place

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ah glad you got it fixed. I thought it would be one of the hoses that had dropped off. Same thing happened to me few years a go as I drove a new RRS out of the showroom......got half a mile and sounded awful, went back.....took them over 2 hours to find a skinny mechanic who could get his arm in to reconnect the hose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts