Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to stream music via Bluetooth (2DP)? Or is this not an option in my model of the Q5?

I have connect my phone via Bluetooth for hands-free but was wondering about music streaming.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi Brian

I think (but may be wrong of course) it's possible from the 2013 model year onwards, depending on the phone, - check this link out http://audi-intelligence.com/bluetooth/prod/ you can select your car and phone and look at the functionality available on the music interface tab.

Reactions: brian4591

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sq5john,

Thanks for the info and the link. You are correct that it is the 2013 and newer. But also to note that it is in the Nav models only.

Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been told by my dealer that this is not possible on the Q5 due to the ageing technology.

Of course if anyon can prove me wrong I will be very happy. I only use spotfiy these days and using a 3.5mm cable is not the best.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have been told by my dealer that this is not possible on the Q5 due to the ageing technology.

Of course if anyon can prove me wrong I will be very happy. I only use spotfiy these days and using a 3.5mm cable is not the best.
Your salesman is doing the brand no good at all. What kind of phone have you got?

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure when it came in as a feature, but on our 2014 Q5 with Sat Nav high you can choose a Bluetooth connected phone as a Media source and stream music that way. Works with an iPhone 5 and a Nokia Lumia 920, so should work on most recent phones supporting the profile.

Perfect for podcasts, Spotify etc. You can even select a WiFi connected device for DNLA play-to, haven't tried it yet as Bluetooth stream just worked first time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just re-read the title of the thread, I would seriously doubt this is available on a 2010 model. It wasn't on our previous car, a 2011 Q5 (but didn't have Nav High)...

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can still do music streaming, try the Bovee WMA3000A with built-in AMI cable just plug it straight into your car and enjoy bluetooth music streaming. I got mine from viseeousa.com and I have no problem using it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts