Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! So I just purchased a 2009 Q5 3.2 Prestige Plus. Has Bluetooth capability for hands free calling, but not for streaming music from my phone. I purchased an AMI adapter with the USB Type-C but it still won't work.

Anyone have any pointers on what to do, if anything, about being able to play music from my phone in this generation of Q5?

Thanks very much.

·
Still Game
5,039 Posts
Welcome to our forum :cool:
The USB port is only for charging on 2009 Q5.
If you have SD slot, best option would be to download your favourite tunes to an SD card.
You could consider replacing the screen to facilitate Audi car play & Android

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
I think you need Audi Music Interface and a suitable bluetooth adpater (connected to it in your glovebox) to be able to connect your phone via bluetooth and stream music (nothing wrong with your phone it just your Q5 is lacking some options when ordered/built). Previously when ticking the options box for AMI this would have included the bluetooth functionality inbuilt to the MMI. There are some videos on YouTube (search for - "AMI bluetooth adapter audi" etc)

Reactions: rmw0386

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you need Audi Music Interface and a suitable bluetooth adpater (connected to it in your glovebox) to be able to connect your phone via bluetooth and stream music (nothing wrong with your phone it just your Q5 is lacking some options when ordered/built). Previously when ticking the options box for AMI this would have included the bluetooth functionality inbuilt to the MMI. There are some videos on YouTube (search for - "AMI bluetooth adapter audi" etc)

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2021 Q5 PHEV Prestige
6 Posts
Hey y'all! So I just purchased a 2009 Q5 3.2 Prestige Plus. Has Bluetooth capability for hands free calling, but not for streaming music from my phone. I purchased an AMI adapter with the USB Type-C but it still won't work.

Anyone have any pointers on what to do, if anything, about being able to play music from my phone in this generation of Q5?

Thanks very much.
Not sure this will be helpful, but I used to own a 2010 A4 Avant with the same issue. Hands free calling, but no streaming music. I researched and bought a small CarPro Bluetooth music adapter that plugs into the plug in the glove box (into which you could plug in an iPod for example). Not sure if your Q5 will have that plug?

But I used it for 5 years and loved it. It didn't turn the MMI into a mirror of the music text/album art, etc. But it did play music, pod casts and audio books perfectly! Very few quirks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts