Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a Q5 and after loads of changing my mind about the spec, I've gone for the following:

- S-Line Spec Edition, 3.0TDI
- Phantom Black
- Tech Pack High
- Interior Light Pack
- Heated Front Seats
- Electric Front Seats
- Adaptive Headlights
- Privacy Glass
- Cruise Control
- Tyre Pressure Monitor (!)
- Black Styling Pack
- Nappa Leather

I think my only worries are about...

- the wheels - are 20" going to give me a bad ride? Having spoken to a couple of people, the ride shouldn't be any harder than I get in my 325DM although a big reason for choosing them was the design!

- has anyone got the black styling pack with Phantom Black??? I'm wondering if it's overkill on black and whether the chrome would break it up a bit...!?

- SatNav only being 4 digits is a pain but would be interested to know how it is to use - especially in the UK. I've got a TomTom now but was really hoping to do away with having to use a separate device. Can you get it to give you Live updates for traffic?

Even with those worries, I can't wait to get my hands on it - just the 3 months to wait....
!!!

Cheers,

Nick

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Hello Nick,

Welcome to the forum

Nice spec!

I can't comment too much on the Sat Nav as I tend to just use the screen as an aid/confirmation, which does support TMC. I have both Sports Suspension and 20in wheels and, in my humble opinion, both the ride and handling are spot on - I certainly wouldn't describe it as a 'bad ride'.

Never seen the car in black with the Black Styling Kit but why not

Three months is excellent by the way - how did you manage that?

Cheers,

Kev

·
Registered
58 Posts
Phantom Black with black styling pack will look the biz.

Don't worry - a good choice - see pic

Get mine in velvet purple (!!!!) in 2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and you got very lucky with 3 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. It was 4 months to start with but I went back in and changed the spec this week so it feels like I've only just ordered it again! Whether it will actually be 3 or 4 months is still to be seen - judging by the comments in some of the posts on here, I'll be lucky to see it in September but that's what I've been told so it must be right....?!

I'm trying hard not to keep changing things so will stick with the black styling pack unless I hear that it's going to affect the delivery time. I wondered about going for Drive Select but decided I had to stop somewhere! Carbon fibre and panoramic sunroof had to be sacrified as well!

Come on September - can't believe I want the summer (even if it is a UK summer!) to be over quickly!

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. It was 4 months to start with but I went back in and changed the spec this week so it feels like I've only just ordered it again! Whether it will actually be 3 or 4 months is still to be seen - judging by the comments in some of the posts on here, I'll be lucky to see it in September but that's what I've been told so it must be right....?!

I'm trying hard not to keep changing things so will stick with the black styling pack unless I hear that it's going to affect the delivery time. I wondered about going for Drive Select but decided I had to stop somewhere! Carbon fibre and panoramic sunroof had to be sacrified as well!

Come on September - can't believe I want the summer (even if it is a UK summer!) to be over quickly!

Cheers,

Nick
The black styling package looks good I ordered that and the Titanoptik 20" wheels on Brilliant Black. But I ordered mine in Feb. and I'm being told August now. So cross your fingers that it will be Sept.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Conrats on the order Nick.

I'm finding the ride on 20"s not harsh in the slightest. However I specc'd the normal suspension over the s-line sports suspension, it's a no-cost option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Afternoon All,

Great Forum!! After scouting the web for weeks I've stumbled across this site and I love it!!

After always being an Audi die hard fan from the TT to the A4 Cab and now (as I'm older and wiser) I've just ordered my Q5 S line 3.0TDi Spec Edition. Can't wait! Although I have to; December to be exact. I've opted for Leather/Alacantara (mainly due to I've found stark leather in my last two cars gets too hot and sticky), Panoramic Sunroof, Tech Pack High finished in Daytona Grey. The colour took some time; I really like this car in Metallic WHite but worried it will date over the next 3 years??

What colours do you think does the car justice? My A4 is Phanteom Black, and the TT was Morro Blue. Never owned a grey car!

Anyways - wicked site chaps!

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
Glacier white metallic is a new colour so I don't think it'll date over the next 3 years. Not seen it in the flesh but told it's a blue-grey white.
Daytona grey is great and exclusive to S Line models. It looks great on a Q5 but last 2 cars have been a similar colour so I fancied a change.
My personal preference is Ibis white. I ordered a Q5 3.0 tdi S Line Special Edition on 10.5.11 and it has a provisional build week of 44, so should get it my late November - just in time for winter!

·
Registered
578 Posts
@mb8388 how strange, I ordered my Q5 S-Line Special Ed on 24.06.11 and It's being build now for delivery late September - how come yours is November? Have you had any delays?

·
Banned
842 Posts
@mb8388 how strange, I ordered my Q5 S-Line Special Ed on 24.06.11 and It's being build now for delivery late September - how come yours is November? Have you had any delays?
I ordered mine 17 August. Ibis White 2.0TDI S-Tronic Sline SE with a few options and have been told Dec/Janurary time!

·
Registered
52 Posts
FluffyV (1).jpg DING!

strange, I've just received my S-Line Plus SE (B&O, 20",pano roof DAB etc) in glacier white with the black pack and its an awesome colour combo! however once the bad weather is out of the way ill be having the wheels re coloured to titanium as i feel the silver isn't the best option (here in the UK we don't get a choice on wheel colour)

Congrats and Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I find white to be the easiest colour I've had as you can see where you have missed , however couple of coats of wax and sealent it's just simple to clean as any other colour IMHO.

Unless your referring to it getting dirty from Road muck? If so yes it gets dirty just coming out of my garage
;)

Cheers

Andy..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts