Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Q5 for 4 weeks now - I traded down from at Q7.

Now idealise that the S-line is a firmer ride in the Q5 but when I reach 60 miles per hour the engine appears to vibrate/ hesitate. I have taken it to m Audi dealer who diagnosed a weak engine mount but despite changing both, the problem remains.

I took it in again yesterday and their tech guy took it out and said there is a vibration but they can't seem to find out what it is. they are now suggesting that it is the 20" alloys which make for the firmer ride and therefore the apparent vibration.

To be honest I don't really know what to think now - is this really how the car should drive and am I just being neurotic? has anyone else had this issue with 20" wheels and does it improve if the wheel size is reduced?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, can't compare apple to apple as I have 2.0TDI (170bhp) and 18" wheels, but it is silk smooth ride at 100kmph... No vibrations from wheels nor engine.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I have had my Q5 for 4 weeks now - I traded down from at Q7.

Now idealise that the S-line is a firmer ride in the Q5 but when I reach 60 miles per hour the engine appears to vibrate/ hesitate. I have taken it to m Audi dealer who diagnosed a weak engine mount but despite changing both, the problem remains.

I took it in again yesterday and their tech guy took it out and said there is a vibration but they can't seem to find out what it is. they are now suggesting that it is the 20" alloys which make for the firmer ride and therefore the apparent vibration.

To be honest I don't really know what to think now - is this really how the car should drive and am I just being neurotic? has anyone else had this issue with 20" wheels and does it improve if the wheel size is reduced?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I have the S-Line on 20" wheels together with the Sports Suspension and have no such problems. It's fair to say I love the setup. Seems that you might have an issue with your car.

Welcome to the forum by the way

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Audi garage have arranged for me to drive an identical car on Saturday to see if there are the same issues, if so think we can put it down to the 20" wheels and maybe change to 18".

If not.......guess they'll have to sort that out!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The car should be silky smooth.
I agree,ask them to re-balance your wheels while you are taking the other car out. I`ll bet that will sort it out and hopefully you can get on and enjoy your new car.
PS if you have the 2.0 auto how do you find the gearbox. Any lag issues.
Regards Neil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Did you get your problem resolved?
I have a Q5 SE which at 60mph has a jerky ride which seems to kick you in the back slightly and throw you forwards, almost as though the engine is misfiring. Not really smooth at all. Dealer has had the car a week and now they say they cant find a faulty part to change? They are now going to get another similar car spec to drive back to back.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts