Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Does anybody have any recommendations for remapping the 2.0 TDi?

Keen to have a little bit more punch in the acceleration if possible and up to 190 Bhp may be sufficient.

Cheers...... R

·
Registered
211 Posts
http://www.racechip.de/racechip-angebot.php?modell=Audi-Q5-2-0-TDI-3197&language=en
Not real remap, but powerbox. I have installed Pro version few months ago and it is working fine. No problems with error codes or whatsoever. Do not expect anything blowing your mind... It makes quite noticeable difference when accelerating and when driven consciously lets saving 0.5~1l/100km on fuel consumption. Do not expect however that it will eliminate lag when staring from stand still, that many people complain about (maybe just a bit smaller). Car feels more vigorous, but even set to standard ~205bhp (I did not changed factory settings to get more power) it does not make BIG difference for so heavy car. 230EUR price tag is well justified by outcome. Paying >500EUR for more reputable remap (APR, ABT, ECS Tuning, Bluefin, ChipExpress, P-Tronic, Spider) that gives up to 200bhp would be waste of money IMHO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the really useful information!

Our main complaint is the 0 to 20 mph, but like you say it's a big heavy car and perhaps we should have bought the 3.0... Mine is the e92 335m-sport, so slight spoilt in terms of performance!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I moved to Q5 from passat B6 2.0 TFSI 200bhp. Much more power, better controll of how to move the car from stand still (manual gearbox) and way lighter car. So for me it was definite step back in performance. Now, after a bit more than a year with Q I do not regret. Just learned to new way of driving :) I think that major difference is due to S-tronic and quattro. In normal conditions it is impossible to get wheels spinnig, grip is so (over)controlled. And this gives you impression of initial acceleration lag. Once the car starts rolling is another story and I'm far from complaining :) I have no clue how this would work with stronger engine (either 3.2 TSI or 3.0 TDI) as with S-tronic I'd expect car to behave somehow similar due to traction control/gearbox/quattro taking control.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Considered Revo?
Don't know what gains are to be had, but trusted supplier.
You can get a handy switching tool to throw the car back to 'standard' for dealer visits.
Are their not issues with tuning 2.0tdis though? Thought the DPF wasn't up to dealing with more power?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Considered Revo?
Don't know what gains are to be had, but trusted supplier.
You can get a handy switching tool to throw the car back to 'standard' for dealer visits.
Are their not issues with tuning 2.0tdis though? Thought the DPF wasn't up to dealing with more power?
Improves power output to 200BHP and increase in torque of 50lb/ft.

Think they have ironed out these difficulties. I'm tempted at getting mine done by Revo after first service with Audi in 8k miles time. Would probably go to their head office in Coventry to have it done though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had a bluefin on my 170 S Tronic and the difference is great Car was quite
sluggish when overtaking but now mid range pick up is great It is what the car
should of been
when going in for service plug the bluefin In and return the original map when it
Returns just plug the bluefin in and return the Modified map my economy hasn't
Noticeably changed Really pleased with the result !

·
Banned
842 Posts
Where did you get the handset from?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys. The wife has now decided that she wants the Mini Countyman Cooper S!

We never gelled with the Q, the stronic box isn't great, the 2.0 TDi is sluggish and the ride on 20" alloys is just daft!

Shame but c'est la vie.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts