Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Window Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

What I like and dislike thus far:

Like -

Handling and ride - I was worried the sports suspension and 20in wheels might have been too harsh but both comfort and handling are excellent, and I drive on some pretty appalling roads.

Performance - early days and still taking it steady but I'm very impressed. I thought I would miss the higher performance of the last car but not thus far.

S-Tronic - very good, no significant lag from a standing start even in D. Haven't felt the need to resort to sports yet.

B & O Sound System - Very impressive, especially the DAB, no tuning required and opened up a whole new world of channels. The ability to plug a portable HDD is very welcome - massive content and very fast response and a nice compartment to stow it in the glove box.

Advanced Key and Homelink are brilliant. How nice it is not to have to fiddle around with a key or garage fob. Homelink range is very good also.

Panoramic Sunroof - just opens the whole car up and the blind seems very effective.

Advanced Parking System - the camera works very well, particularly at night. No excuse at all for the wife to back into anything when she is driving back from the pub. The Lexus camera was useless at night.

Tow Bar - if you think you are going to need a tow bar get the factory fit, it's a very neat piece of kit.

Wing Mirrors - I just love those huge wing mirrors

Dislike -

I've not found too much to annoy me up to now other than having to use the button on the boot lid to close it. I'm used to being able to close it from both the fob and the drivers seat. The only other minor grumble is the delay that I sometimes get before I can get the car to lock from the button on the door handle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
View attachment 500 View attachment 501 View attachment 502 View attachment 503

What I like and dislike thus far:

Like -

Handling and ride - I was worried the sports suspension and 20in wheels might have been too harsh but both comfort and handling are excellent, and I drive on some pretty appalling roads.

Performance - early days and still taking it steady but I'm very impressed. I thought I would miss the higher performance of the last car but not thus far.

S-Tronic - very good, no significant lag from a standing start even in D. Haven't felt the need to resort to sports yet.

B & O Sound System - Very impressive, especially the DAB, no tuning required and opened up a whole new world of channels. The ability to plug a portable HDD is very welcome - massive content and very fast response and a nice compartment to stow it in the glove box.

Advanced Key and Homelink are brilliant. How nice it is not to have to fiddle around with a key or garage fob. Homelink range is very good also.

Panoramic Sunroof - just opens the whole car up and the blind seems very effective.

Advanced Parking System - the camera works very well, particularly at night. No excuse at all for the wife to back into anything when she is driving back from the pub. The Lexus camera was useless at night.

Tow Bar - if you think you are going to need a tow bar get the factory fit, it's a very neat piece of kit.

Wing Mirrors - I just love those huge wing mirrors

Dislike -

I've not found too much to annoy me up to now other than having to use the button on the boot lid to close it. I'm used to being able to close it from both the fob and the drivers seat. The only other minor grumble is the delay that I sometimes get before I can get the car to lock from the button on the door handle.
Hi Kev,

Very very nice
,by the look of your list above i know what you have been up to for the last few days.Glad you like it,

Rich

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Kev,

Very very nice
,by the look of your list above i know what you have been up to for the last few days.Glad you like it,

Rich
out of interest did you get Audi Drive Select?

Just wanted to see confirmation if it came with Sports in Real life

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
out of interest did you get Audi Drive Select?

Just wanted to see confirmation if it came with Sports in Real life
Hi Rick,

Sorry, can't help you with that one - I didn't go with the Drive Select as there were other options that I prefered and you have to draw the line somewhere. I am very pleased with the sports suspension though - it was worrying me as I had not driven it before ordering but I am well pleased with both the ride quality and handling.

Cheers,

Kev

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Rick,

Sorry, can't help you with that one - I didn't go with the Drive Select as there were other options that I prefered and you have to draw the line somewhere. I am very pleased with the sports suspension though - it was worrying me as I had not driven it before ordering but I am well pleased with both the ride quality and handling.

Cheers,

Kev
ta looks good

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kev,

Very very nice

Rich
Cheers Rich - been on nights so haven't had a lot of chance to play yet. Busy building some play lists up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Awesome looking car. Thanks for the photos and write-up!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks fantastic! The more I see Ibis White, the more I like it!
Thanks - I'm really pleased I went with the White now. Somehow gives it a bigger presence. I think the privacy glass is a must with it though. Does seem to stay cleaner looking for longer too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks - I'm really pleased I went with the White now. Somehow gives it a bigger presence. I think the privacy glass is a must with it though. Does seem to stay cleaner looking for longer too.
If I was ordering today, I'd definitely be going Ibis White. I totally agree about the privacy glass - it seems to give it that 'edge'. Enjoy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
so much better than thoose common rs4 ones
Oi - who you callin' common - you aint seen my spinners and LEDs yet???

Kev - on a serious note, when you hook up your HDD via the AMI socket, can you see *all* your music files? I've got about 80GB of MP3's and I can't see many of the individual files. I think I read somewhere that the MMI can only deal with a certain number of tracks(couple of thousand??)

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts

Kev - on a serious note, when you hook up your HDD via the AMI socket, can you see *all* your music files? I've got about 80GB of MP3's and I can't see many of the individual files. I think I read somewhere that the MMI can only deal with a certain number of tracks(couple of thousand??)
hehe i knew it would get a reaction,surprised it took that long

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hell you been busy Nigel

I've only got up to about 16 Gig for now, all .mp3 at 320 kbps and it sees them all fine. They are in folders by artist first then album - don't know if that makes a difference. SD Cards and USB will support up to 4000 files with a maximum of 1000 files per directory according to the manual. Even managed to get my playlists working on the HDD but struggled on SD when I was messing with that.

It did only list a few on the first occasion I plugged it in but all is fine now - although I have re-synced it with the PC on several occasions after adding more music and playlists.

Little bit concerned at the moment about the HDD - whilst it has been working just fine I emailed Hitachi to check on current draw which they say is 1000 mA against the MMI max of 500 mA - whoops. Can see a new HDD coming my way

Cheers,

Kev

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks Kev - looks like more of a "feature" than a problem then. I've got just over 13,000 tracks on HDD, clearly MMI is only seeng a third of them

I think I need to prune my music collection for mobile use - not a big issue as iTunes tells me it would take 46.6 days to play everything and I am not yet planning a round the world trip.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Kev - looks like more of a "feature" than a problem then. I've got just over 13,000 tracks on HDD, clearly MMI is only seeng a third of them

I think I need to prune my music collection for mobile use - not a big issue as iTunes tells me it would take 46.6 days to play everything and I am not yet planning a round the world trip.
No problem Nigel - you've got me thinking now - I need to do a track count lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts