Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to ask a couple of question before I order Q5.

Start/Stop with 7-speed S tronic is currently available on Q7 and A3 but not on Q5.
As the delivery time for new orders is currently about 4-6 months I hope Start/Stop will be available by then.
Have you heard any rumours about Start/Stop option for 2.0 TDi 170BHP S tronic?

Thank you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my spec list for the order I just placed it lists Start/stop on it. I asked the dealer if it could be removed and he said its on all q5 models.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my spec list for the order I just placed it lists Start/stop on it. I asked the dealer if it could be removed and he said its on all q5 models.
Thanks Rob. You have ordered manual gearbox. It indeed comes with start/stop as standard.
I ordered S tronic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a call from the dealer with a sad news that at present time there is not plan to add Start/Stop to Q5 2.0TDI with S tronic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion you are better off without Start/Stop.
This function may reduce the fuel consumption and emissions but only if the car is going to be used with a lot of start/stop driving in cities/towns etc. but it will have no effect on long distance driving and will increase the number of cycles the starter motor gets used thereby shortening it's life.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my opinion you are better off without Start/Stop.
This function may reduce the fuel consumption and emissions but only if the car is going to be used with a lot of start/stop driving in cities/towns etc. but it will have no effect on long distance driving and will increase the number of cycles the starter motor gets used thereby shortening it's life.
Well, I will be driving mostly in cities/towns so this feature is quite useful for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts