Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Like many threads on here I am looking for a winter wheel package. I thought to myself about taking the 19" TI wheels from my 2012 S4 and putting them on the wifes 2014 SQ5 and then getting myself some new wheels. I lifted the car up and swapped the wheels to see if they would clear the front brake calipers. Sure enough they do, but it is cutting it very close. They probably only clear the calipers by 2 or 3 centimeters...

Anyone know if I will be okay running wheels that are that close? Is there a minimum distance you would want between your wheel and the calipers?

Thanks for any help.

-Jay

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
If they clear they clear. 3cm is actually quite a lot, plenty of cars leave the factory with mm clearance.

Just check it at full lock for inside edge clearance on the inner arches/suspension as well...

Check the overall circumference is the same as the stock as well. Otherwise the speedo will be off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
This thread is useless without photos

I've just bought some RS4's (yes I know you hate them Snow Man) to use as winters... shame PayPal is sitting on my money and won't respond to email or complaint...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered up some snows as the local tire place also confirmed it will be okay. I will post pictures once they come in. Will be sad to see the 21" wheels sitting in the garage for a few months I must admit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts