Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Does the power to the 12v socket continue when the Q5 is off?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
No 😄

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quick question. Does the power to the 12v socket continue when the Q5 is off?
Another peculiarity of the Q5. All my previous Audi cars had permanently live cigarette lighter sockets so a bit of a surprise when I found out my phone is only charging when the car is running.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Its also annoying having to turn on the ignition when I want to vacuum the inside and having to silence the buzzer. I thought one of the 3 maybe live al the time, but alas no!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Having bought 8 Audi & 8 VW cars new in the last 29 years I think I can be considered loyal but this downgrade in specification on the Q5 is disappointing on Audi's part. I use a mains powered domestic vacuum for the inside so not worried about the vacuum angle but do use a 12v tyre inflator. A bit slothful I know but it is a lot quicker than leg work & a foot-pump.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
I've only had audis since 2011,and none hav had power wen engine was off,it is a pain at times 😞

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was fed up with running the engine (and obviously couldn't do so in my enclosed garage anyway), that I bought a mains adaptor for my tyre inflator.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've only had audis since 2011,and none hav had power wen engine was off,it is a pain at times ������
I think it is related to the lower co2 emissions and the reliance on the alternator that as we know consumes power from the engine. It is also linked to the stop start technology and the newer AGM battery technology

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm pretty certain you don't need to have the engine running to have the socket power come on. I just push the key in without the clutch down and that seems to work. It was the same on my beemer too. I guess this is the same as turning the key to the accesory position in "ye olde" days

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes you can make the sockets live without the engine running but it's an 'ignition' setting and not 'accessory' setting unfortunately so running lights air con etc are all live, plus the buzzer which had to be silenced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts