Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is covered in part in many threads but can anyone provide details of which dealerships will give 10% or more discount on a new Q5 without a trade in vehicle (preferably very recently)

Also can anyone who has used Drive the Deal to source their Q5 say which dealership they got it from.

I am thinking of ordering a new one but the broker I used, (Autobytel, who were part of the Inchcape group) don't seem to exist anymore

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Drive the deal use inchcape and of offer good discounts... Just be very clear on expected delivery...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
842 Posts
Said it before and will say it again - broker all the way for me next time. I don't actually mind paying a bit more to get good service from a dealer but the purchase of our current Q totally put me off ever walking in and speaking to them again.

There shouldn't be any BS when you walk in and say I want to spend £40k on one of your cars - whats your best deal? Unfortunately there is.
The bit that really gets my blood boiling is the pretend discussion with the sales manager about "seeing what we can do"

I'd ring round a few brokers and see what sort of price and lead time you can get. Think I'll use orange wheels next time.

GL

·
Registered
433 Posts
Straight buy out of Aberdeen with no hassle friendly service, and always willing to help. Just bought my 3 rd Audi from them so now I have in the drive A1, A3 and the Q5

·
Banned
489 Posts
Said it before and will say it again - broker all the way for me next time. I don't actually mind paying a bit more to get good service from a dealer but the purchase of our current Q totally put me off ever walking in and speaking to them again.

There shouldn't be any BS when you walk in and say I want to spend £40k on one of your cars - whats your best deal? Unfortunately there is.
The bit that really gets my blood boiling is the pretend discussion with the sales manager about "seeing what we can do"

I'd ring round a few brokers and see what sort of price and lead time you can get. Think I'll use orange wheels next time.

GL
I couldn't agree more with the comments made by Chopper. I always use brokers now. The discount does currently appear a little less just now, but it's hassle free discount and no strings intro to a dealer. I've used Carfile a few times now and they can also broker a trade-in price with a private buyer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I tried to use Orangewheels and excellent service but Thursday this week quoted August as earliest delivery. Equally not good.

So popped into dealer, not my local one hasten to add as didn't even serve me, and will be going back into them tomorrow to see what they can do. A quick chat today as couldn't stop and they were quoting January build February delivery.

See what happens.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I discussed the options I wanted for my new Q5 and received a quote from my Audi dealership. I then went back to Audi with a quote from Orange Wheels and asked the dealership to match it. They said they couldn't so I walked away. Sure enough, 25 minutes later I was called by the dealership as they could match Orange Wheels.

Stick by your guns when asking for a discount and say you will use a broker unless they can match their price.

It worked for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Managed to negotiate a better discount than I could find online with my local dealer. That said I have had a lot of Audis from them over the years so maybe loyalty still counts for something!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree with what your saying Snow Man, but some are not quite so genuine, my local dealer I brought five of my cars through the same guy and it's only been the last two purchase's that I realise he wasn't doing me that much of a favour.

I have brought my last two though a broker and realised I wasn't getting such a good deal from my man at the local dealership, my fault for not looking in to in properly.

Having said that even brokers you need to be careful, just done a comparison with orange wheels and carfile on my spec car which i get this coming week hopefully, price without discount £50,505. It was 49,019 with orangewheel and with carfile it was 46, 543, that is a big difference, so it does pay to shop around. I'm not sure if you can haggle on those prices?

I'm pleased to say I got mine cheaper then the Carfile quote.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I got over 10% from a local-ish dealer, I have not real comment about the brokers as I've not used one so it would be unfair to comment.
From an outside observes point of view some who have used a broker on here seem to have extended lead times and poor feedback/experience.

So ultimately, I think they are pretty much a par.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts