Cannot locate in owners handbook - myAUDIQ5 forum
←  AUDI Q5 Information & Specifications

myAUDIQ5 forum

»

Cannot locate in owners handbook

1534audiq5's Photo 1534audiq5 11 Jan 2020

Hi.

A couple of weeks back I purchased a 2019 Q5 which is a 40? TDI Quattro .

Above the D(drive) and the Comfort wording on the dash board I occasionally get a bright green shoe with an arrow pointing toward the shoe. Cannot work out what is supposed to represent. No pattern to it that I can see. Any ideas please?

Thanks

RichieRich's Photo RichieRich 11 Jan 2020

Hi 1534audiq5

Welcome to the forum!

What you have described is a symbol to let you know that you can lift off the throttle and coast. The idea is that it’s meant to save you fuel but whether it actually makes a big difference I don’t know. I tend to find it comes on when approaching roundabouts or approaching a section of road with a lower speed limit.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

1534audiq5's Photo 1534audiq5 11 Jan 2020

Spot on with the roundabout scenario. Exactly that.

Thanks for the welcome and many thanks. The fact that it was Green rather than Red meant that I was not too worried but great to know.

Thanks

TGR's Photo TGR 11 Jan 2020

Hi, the Owners Literature can be found on the Audi app if you have registered, it's in the Service section, it's a PDF file.

AndyM's Photo AndyM 12 Jan 2020

Welcome

AllanG's Photo AllanG 12 Jan 2020

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy your new Q5 Posted Image

AudiExpert's Photo AudiExpert 15 Jan 2020

This thread is full of pure misinformation.

Directly from the owner's manual:

"Remove your foot from the accelerator pedal to slow down because there is a situation ahead that requires a lower speed."

It has nothing to do with coasting so much as it's a warning to let off the gas because you're about to start braking (like when you approach a stop or roundabout).

Cheers!

RichieRich's Photo RichieRich 15 Jan 2020

Whilst I agree with what you’ve said in the handbook, it also says:

“ Predictive messages(efficiency assist) Appliesto: vehicles with predictive efficiency assist
Indicator in the instrument cluster display
Predictive messages appearin the instrument cluster display to show the driver the appropriate time to coast whena situation ahead requires you to drive at a lower speed.”

So it is also to do with coasting.

Coincidentally when I was out on a test drive with my sales guy from my local dealership, he told me it that it was to do with the turbo spooling up and meant I had full boost!.....He was completely wrong!

MrH's Photo MrH 16 Jan 2020

View PostAudiExpert, on 15 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

That is a bit of an overstatement; there is one use of the word "coast" in the 2nd post and that's it Posted Image

rapidcool's Photo rapidcool 16 Jan 2020

View PostAudiExpert, on 15 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Directly from the owner's manual:

"Remove your foot from the accelerator pedal to slow down because there is a situation ahead that requires a lower speed."

It has nothing to do with coasting so much as it's a warning to let off the gas because you're about to start braking (like when you approach a stop or roundabout).

Cheers!

A bit harsh for your first post. Please be respectful to other forum users

Deannahox's Photo Deannahox 05 Oct 2020

Posted Image

Designing and Drawing My Spidersona - WHY IS THIS EVEN TRENDING?

gdoes's Photo gdoes 02 Jan 2021

Is this the symbol you are referring to?

Attached File(s)