Audi connect with external sim

3 replies to this topic

#1 hirani_q5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 04:13 PM

Hi all,

I have 2018 Q5 and had 3 years Audi connect licence which has now expired. They want £140 for a year to extend the licence.

I want to use my own sim to use all the services provided by Audi connect like traffic, satellite view, remote locking from phone app etc.

Audi is saying only way i can use these services is by buying extension from them and not by external sim.
I tried using my phone sim in the sim tray but it does not seem to work.

I want to know if its possible to use external sim for above services or do i have to pay extortionate price to Audi?

Thank you in advance.

2018 (MY) Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI quattro S line, S tronic (252 PS) , Glacier White metallic, Tech Pack, Black Nappa Leather seats, Folding mirrors, Rear View Camera, Hill Hold Assist, 19" 5-twin-spoke star design diamond cut finish alloys with 235/55 R19 tyres, LED Headlights/Rear Lights with dynamics indicators, plus usual high specs as standard

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 Ransman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 1045 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

Audi updated my software to run the replacement to Google Earth overview (which isn't quite as good) and I am now three years and ten months into ownership without paying for a licence. Don't know why they are inconsistent in the way they apply this but I would certainly baulk at paying £140 for a year. If a sim option was a possibility I would go for that but otherwise I would probably just use my phone.
2017 Q5 Sport 190ps 2.0tdi Moonlight Blue.
Posted Image

#3 AprilSpack

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:10 PM

Has anybody used Hemp before? I'm very keen to try some Vegan CBD Gummies for muscle cramps. Can someone recommend a good brand? I am presently contemplating JustCBD and ActivFit. Thanks in advance

#4 Shytot0

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 AM

AprilSpack, on 11 May 2021 - 09:10 PM, said:

Has anybody used Hemp before? I'm very keen to try some Vegan CBD Gummies for muscle cramps. Can someone recommend a good brand? I am presently contemplating JustCBD and ActivFit. Thanks in advance

For cramps I can suggest somewhere for you to stick your hemp!

As for a SIM alternative to the internal SIM - I'd be very interested to find out what functionality is lost if you drop the Audi Connect subscription.
On my previous VW I could get Online POI ad Google Earth with a free 200M SIM from Three.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users