SQ5 TDi MK1 - Fuel line location?

2 replies to this topic

#1 SQ-Raphster

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 1788 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

Has anyone got a diagram etc which identifies the incoming and outgoing fuel lines in the engine bay?

Has anyone considered doing a Liqui Moly Diesel Purge?

It's supposed to be fed directly into the main fuel line going into the engine, and then back out with a small inline filter into the same purge container, and the engine reved between 2-3K until all used up.

However when I looked under hood recently, I believe there are 2 main fuel lines on the left above the air intake filter box, and one return going back to the filter under the car near the fuel tank.

Any ideas on how best to do this and how best to temporarily connect it all up?

Posted Image

I'm thinking of taking the blue and yellow incoming fuel lines and adding a bit of hose with a T-junction inline connector leading to a single pipe connected to the single white return fuel line, to form a closed loop back circuit to the fuel filter - or pulling the fuse for the fuel pump.

Then just just dunk the blue and yellow hose leading to the engine in the diesel purge container to suck it up, and a inline small filter on the return white fuel line with an extra bit of hose on the other side to bring the returned in used fuel back into the diesel purge container.

What do you think? What could go wrong?
Audi SQ5 Stealth: Mythos Black • Black Styling Pack • Black Leather Interior • Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel • Adaptive Headlights • High-beam assist • Advanced key • Audi Drive Select • Dynamic Power Steering • Parking System Advanced • B&O • Privacy Glass • Panoramic Sunroof • Heated Front & Rear seats • HHA • Electric Tailgate • Technology Pack High • Audi Music Interface Rear side airbags • Storage Package • Under-floor storage • Semi-rigid boot liner • 21" Alloys • Mods: Kufatec Sound Booster • Audi Q5 Rubber Mats • Full frontal 3rd Gen self-healing (PPF) protective film • DTUK CRD3+ • Audi Aluminium cup • Full LED interior upgrade • Audi leather keyfob case • LED Fogs • LED reverse lights Thinkware Dual Dash Cam F770 Exhaust speakers upgraded to Pioneer TS-MR1640

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 Richard_Lincoln

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:54 AM

Sounds like the Terraclean I had done. Dunno how they connected it up as I didn't hang around. Can't say I noticed any difference or improvement.

#3 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4512 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:27 AM

2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users