Q5/SQ5 Air con not switching on (2018/FY) - myAUDIQ5 forum

Q5/SQ5 Air con not switching on (2018/FY)

4 replies to this topic

#1 aj84

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:22 PM

Hi all

Getting the car seen to by Audi tomorrow however I noticed on the drive back the air con would not switch on.
It is on when starting the car but then flips to off and the other options are greyed out.

Scanned for codes and I get the following:

VCDS:

262914 - High Pressure Sensor
B10AE 21 [008] - Signal Amplitude Too Low
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 31
Reset counter: 89
Mileage: 51811 km
Date: 2020.05.12
Time: 14:01:58

Outside temperature: 13.50 °C
Engine RPM: 1490 /min
Compressor current: actual value: 0.00 A
Temperature downstream of evaporator: 18.50 °C

OBD11:
High Pressure Sensor
Lower limit not reached
Fault Code: B10AE21

I ran a Refrigerant Pressure and it came back with 0.80 bar

It might be a regas and thats it (the booking tomorrow) or is this model also popular with the ol' rock hitting compressor?

Thanks in advance

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 aj84

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:50 PM

Just an update, condenser had impact from a stone most likely which caused the gas to leak out.
£600 and a new compressor later, it's sorted

#3 TGR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:32 AM

Ouch! not much Christmas good cheer when these stupid things happen. I'm just curious to know where the stone struck the condenser, it may be an area which can be protected.

I had exactly the same thing happen several years back on a 3 year old Honda Civic. I put a strip of Perspex across to protect the bottom of the condenser from stones and from winter salt spray, it still looked new when I sold it 8 years later.

#4 aj84

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:13 PM

View PostTGR, on 01 January 2021 - 11:32 AM, said:

Ouch! not much Christmas good cheer when these stupid things happen. I'm just curious to know where the stone struck the condenser, it may be an area which can be protected.

I had exactly the same thing happen several years back on a 3 year old Honda Civic. I put a strip of Perspex across to protect the bottom of the condenser from stones and from winter salt spray, it still looked new when I sold it 8 years later.

Thankfully not a cost I had to bear as I found the issue on the day I picked the car up so the supplying dealer picked up the cost (or it was going to be a full refund!)

I'm not too sure where it struck however it seems to be a very common issue in most car brands. Many put some sort of netting behind the grill but for the cost, we really should not have to!

#5 rapidcool

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Moderators
  • 1044 posts
  • Locationrochester,kent

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:36 AM

First time I have heard of this on a Q5. It is a well known issue on some cars, e.g. Porches. Porsche Intake and Radiator Grilles | Radiator Grille Store (radiatorgrillstore.com)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users