Anyone gone from a 3.0 tdi (272) to a Q5 2.0 tfsi? - myAUDIQ5 forum

Anyone gone from a 3.0 tdi (272) to a Q5 2.0 tfsi?

4 replies to this topic

#1 aj84

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

Hi all,

Just joined and read a large number of threads already due to a potential purchase of a Q5 however unlike previous cars, this one is not an easy decision!

My history has always been the A series (A6 and A7) - the current one being an A7 3.0 tdi 272bhp which is a fantastic engine. But with everyone banging on about diesels, a little one on the way and having just got a Q3 for my wife (and loving the height + not feeling every stone on the ground), I'm thinking the Q5 would be an obvious switch.

What I just can't figure out is if a 3.0 tdi 272 > 2.0 tfsi is an acceptable drop...or is it a drop at all putting aside the 20 odd bhp difference? I know there is a fair bit of difference with torque which probably bothers me more and then theres the fact I love the v6 so I would be dropping to a 4-cyl too.

I am trying to get into a 2.0 tfsi at a dealership but recently even our local one we have got all ours from seems to be more interested in definite sales rather than exploring.

Curious to see if anyone has done a similar switch - the 2.0 tdi would be a no no for me - I made the mistake of going from a A6 2.7tdi v6 to a A6 2016 C7 2.0tdi 4-cyl and just did not enjoy it. 2017 ended up another switch back to a v6 3.0 tdi A7 which is what I'm in now.

Thanks in advance!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4512 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:33 AM

I went from 2.0TFSI to 3.0TDI and really noticed the improvement in performance and fuel economy.
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#3 TGR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:39 PM

I went from a 2007 A6 2.7 TDI Multitronic to a 2017 Q5 2.0 TDI Tiptronic.

Loved to smooth V6 and the Multitronic. The 2.0 straight 4 is quiet on the move, performance is much the same and economy is much improved, over 10mpg better. The Tiptronic is not a patch on the Multitronic which spoils the drivability a bit.

#4 aj84

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 10:03 PM

Thanks both -
I guess Missile is probably more closer to what I am doing as its a petrol > diesel (mines the other way round) but TGR - that V6 smooth comment is exactly what I do not want to let go.

The Q5 I had been looking at has potentially one so still no test drive however I am potentially putting an SQ5 3.0 tfsi on the list. Just not sure about 37k miles on an 18 plater - most likely motorway as the car is spotless inside (and out) and my current mileage is very low so I'm sure I would average it out for the 3 year marker in no time

#5 Richard_Lincoln

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:34 PM

My 3.0 tdi did 56,000 miles in it's first 3 years. It uses no oil. Averages 41 + mpg. Over 50 mpg on a longer run. Petrol is quieter but not as economical. Now on 91,000 miles. Drive it. If you like it buy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users