Q5 Vorsprung model - myAUDIQ5 forum

Jump to content



Q5 Vorsprung model


7 replies to this topic

#1 Skiman

    myAUDIQ5 Pro

  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

Has anyone got one of these Q5’s. just wondered how you find living with 21inch wheels/air suspension?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

  • MyAudiQ5.com



#2 AllanG

    myAUDIQ5 Pro

  • Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:08 PM

Have a look on this forum, which may help, though he’s got a SQ5 version:-

https://www.audi-spo...-ed-tdi.420525/
2018 Q5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI STronic - Daytona Grey

#3 DAVMO

    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 01:40 PM

Hi Skiman,

Owner of a Vorsprung 2.00 TDI ; purchased June 2020. 21 inch wheels and Air Suspension.

Done approx 3K and up to now simply great ; very comfortable ; tried various settings on suspension....but left on comfort. No problems so far [touch wood]

Technology is very good ; Previous cars where BMW X3 ; Mazda CX5; VW Tiguan ; this so far is the best. Should be for the price!!

Bought Tyre and Alloy Insurance just after purchase as a bit unsure about those big wheels.

Any further info just ask .

#4 Skiman

    myAUDIQ5 Pro

  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:26 AM

View PostDAVMO, on 04 October 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hi Skiman,

Owner of a Vorsprung 2.00 TDI ; purchased June 2020. 21 inch wheels and Air Suspension.

Done approx 3K and up to now simply great ; very comfortable ; tried various settings on suspension....but left on comfort. No problems so far [touch wood]

Technology is very good ; Previous cars where BMW X3 ; Mazda CX5; VW Tiguan ; this so far is the best. Should be for the price!!

Bought Tyre and Alloy Insurance just after purchase as a bit unsure about those big wheels.

Any further info just ask .


Do you mind me asking the cost of the tyre and wheel insurance and is this with Audi or taken out separately?

#5 DAVMO

    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:26 PM

Hi Skiman,

Sorry for very late reply, Cost for tyre and alloy cover was £297. taken out with Total Loss. Still enjoying Q5 .....more so.... as just tested it out in snow and no problems whatsoever.
Have also used Off Road setting in forest roads [air suspension] and again excellent.
First service due this month through Audi service plan.

#6 Skiman

    myAUDIQ5 Pro

  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:03 PM

View PostDAVMO, on 03 January 2021 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hi Skiman,

Sorry for very late reply, Cost for tyre and alloy cover was £297. taken out with Total Loss. Still enjoying Q5 .....more so.... as just tested it out in snow and no problems whatsoever.
Have also used Off Road setting in forest roads [air suspension] and again excellent.
First service due this month through Audi service plan.


Thanks for the info. Since my last post have now taken delivery of the Vorsprung model. The suspension is great so no issues with 21inch wheels apart from likely future kerbing issues. Prior to getting my motor had a small issue with the car before delivery so the dealer agreed to throw in free of charge, alloy wheel damage/minor scuff repair cover this should have been £595. Hope I don’t need to make a claim though.

#7 DAVMO

    New Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:41 PM

Nice to hear that you are a new Vorsprung owner. Hope you are enjoying it even if it maybe sitting on the drive/road during the lockdown !
I have had mine for nearly 8 months and done only 6K which is very low milage for me.
Would be interested to know your MPG average. I haven't reset the 'long term memory' since pick up and average over 6k is 44/45 mpg; however this has dropped down to 40 since the cold weather. Was regulary getting up to 50mpg in summer on dual carriageway trips.
Yes agree the air suspension is very comfortable even with 21 inch wheels. Lowering the back end to get things out of the boot is great. Have tried Off Road setting once and all ok. Should be good in snow etc.
Up to now all the tech is working fine although I do miss a heated steering wheel right now. Bearing in mind that this is a very expensive vehicle this should be standard fitment. My partner has heated wheel and windscreen on her fiesta !!
Not so sure about the Sat Nav voice recognition....it takes a number of tries to get the correct address even after using the voice test. The virtual cockpit is great though.
Did you arrange a service plan ? Have it booked in for this month and showing 10 days on dashboard

#8 Skiman

    myAUDIQ5 Pro

  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:10 PM

View PostDAVMO, on 08 January 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

Nice to hear that you are a new Vorsprung owner. Hope you are enjoying it even if it maybe sitting on the drive/road during the lockdown !
I have had mine for nearly 8 months and done only 6K which is very low milage for me.
Would be interested to know your MPG average. I haven't reset the 'long term memory' since pick up and average over 6k is 44/45 mpg; however this has dropped down to 40 since the cold weather. Was regulary getting up to 50mpg in summer on dual carriageway trips.
Yes agree the air suspension is very comfortable even with 21 inch wheels. Lowering the back end to get things out of the boot is great. Have tried Off Road setting once and all ok. Should be good in snow etc.
Up to now all the tech is working fine although I do miss a heated steering wheel right now. Bearing in mind that this is a very expensive vehicle this should be standard fitment. My partner has heated wheel and windscreen on her fiesta !!
Not so sure about the Sat Nav voice recognition....it takes a number of tries to get the correct address even after using the voice test. The virtual cockpit is great though.
Did you arrange a service plan ? Have it booked in for this month and showing 10 days on dashboard


Still enjoying the Vorsprung, my previous Q5 was one of the first mk2 q5 sport models which I got in March 17. The luxuriousness of the Vorsprung model is great. The car has done approx 4K now on shortish Journeys average mpg 41ish. My last q5 was approx 47mpg.

I haven’t taken out the service plan but the car has been set at the variable servicing so should be in approx 19k ish or two years from new.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users