So the wife did this to the car... - myAUDIQ5 forum

So the wife did this to the car...

17 replies to this topic

#1 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:04 PM

I’ve posted here in the past when I was getting my new Q5 but completely forgot my username and password so new profile it is!

Anyway, the wife decided to drive round an 8ft cast iron electric gate at a funny angle and absolutely wreck the left side of the car. I have no idea how much this will cost to repair. Can’t get hold of Audi body shop to get a quote.

Any ideas if this is a massive job? Will the door require a new panel? The dents and scratches I’m less worried about.

Attached File(s)

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 AllanG

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

Ouch!!! Looking at the door damage, I would suggest a new door is required Posted Image
2018 Q5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI STronic - Daytona Grey

#3 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4481 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:07 AM

I can recommend a good solicitor :-)
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#4 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:46 AM

Hoping I can get someone from Audi body shop today to look at it. I’m not looking forward to how much this will cost to repair.

I’m not speaking to the wife for a very long time.

#5 AllanG

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:35 AM

If I was you, I’d go through your insurance......good luck, keep us informed!

#6 rapport25

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

Oh dear :-(

Not much change from £1500.

Insurance all the way & pay the extra to go through an Audi bodyshop.

Mine was excess, plus £250 as using a non approved repairer/ read not cheap parts & genuine Audi parts.

Rappy :-)

#7 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

Took it to a local Audi dealer and they’re going to send me a quote later today. Guy said defo needs a new door and the rest is scratch repair and blending.

#8 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:06 PM

So they’re saying about £3k for the work from Audi. Obviously the coach work isn’t Audi owned but a local company they deal with.

Never claimed on insurance. Is this better to do claim or pay out of pocket?

#9 AllanG

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:34 PM

For that amount, I’d definitely go through insurance, unless you have plenty of spare cash lying around!! Posted Image

#10 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

View PostAllanG, on 07 July 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

For that amount, I’d definitely go through insurance, unless you have plenty of spare cash lying around!! Posted Image

Yeah will have to take this through insurance. Fun and games. They’ll probably want me to use their approved repairers. I want this to go through official Audi repair,

#11 rapport25

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

Go with what I said above. Don't let them fob you off.

#12 MrH

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 1243 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:26 AM

Depends on your insurer, they may have Audi as one of their approved repairers (LV certainly had BMW as approved when Bambi wrecked the front of my 5er) ................
Current: BMW 540i xDrive Touring M Sport

Gone but not forgotten: SQ5 MY16 (65 Plate): Volcano Red . Black Pack . Body Coloured Mirrors (Folding) . Powered Tailgate . Bendy Xenons . Carbon Atlas Inlays . Heated Seats (front and rear) . Rear Bench Seat Plus . Rear Side Airbags . Side Window Blinds . Tech Pack High . B&O Sound . ADS . Dynamic Steering . HHA . Storage Package . Under-floor Storage Tray . Semi-Rigid Bootliner and a (privately purchased) Collapsible Spare Wheel Mods: LED Reversing lights

Posted Image

#13 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

So Admiral were pretty easy to deal with on the phone for the claim. They didn’t push it too much to use their own repair network. Gave a code to use with the Audi garage. Said Audi will negotiate with their engineers on cost and take it from there. Said no courtesy car but I can get that from Audi anyway.

#14 rapport25

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:16 AM

That's good :-).

Had a brand new A4 when my SQ5 went in.

Fantastic service & trouble free from Audi.

Vs letting my Mk7 Golf going in via there so called approved repairer :-( Overspray on one wheel & rear quarter, and paint run on the door, including a spilt drink on passengers seat & stain. Guessing someone went for a joy ride in my Golf R:-(.

#15 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

Well that was quick. All sorted in 24 hrs. Admiral have agreed with the Audi official coach work repairer. Going in next Monday.

#16 Skiman

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

View PostKTaudi, on 09 July 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

Well that was quick. All sorted in 24 hrs. Admiral have agreed with the Audi official coach work repairer. Going in next Monday.

Hope all goes well for you. I would check their work thoroughly. In the past I have had a repair that looked a good match, but the size of the metallic flake in the paint was different to the original. So the paint match didn’t appear that good in bright sunlight.

#17 KTaudi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

View PostSkiman, on 09 July 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hope all goes well for you. I would check their work thoroughly. In the past I have had a repair that looked a good match, but the size of the metallic flake in the paint was different to the original. So the paint match didn’t appear that good in bright sunlight.

Thanks. Will thoroughly check the work and thanks for the tip on the metallic flakes.

#18 Solarwinds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Being higher up I find I am having to take more time judging curbs/bollards etc when maneuvering, it is easier I found in my A6 which is a bigger car than the Q5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users