Audi Extended Warranty - myAUDIQ5 forum

Audi Extended Warranty

9 replies to this topic

#1 Fais

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM

Hello all,

My car is shortly due to come out of warranty. It’s Q5 TDI Sport. Looking for options and recommendations in Australia.

Dealership quoted:

$4500 for three years and
$6400 for 4 years

Eric is the insurance provider for Audi.

So far I had a faulty window, noisy brake rotor and sunroof rattle and I am wondering what else can go wrong.

Can anyone recommend a good warranty option going forward?

Cheers..

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4450 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

Why do you want extended warranty?

Three years and three minor issues. What would they have cost in total to fix, maybe $1,500?
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#3 Justanhonestman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:24 AM

Hi guys I’m out of warranty and have till June to extend it. I’ve never had an extended warranty with any of my previous cars which all served me well. But the amount of problems I’ve had with this Q5, the latest being the air con pump siezing which melted the aux drive belt leaving me stranded in traffic, makes me think I might be better getting a warranty extension. Audi is saying £300-360 for a year depending on £150 or £250 excess. Love the car, the engine and the way it drives, but I’ve lost trust in the car and faith in the brand. I lost faith in the brand during the clanging brake pedal fiasco which they refused to accept before finally getting a fix nearly two years later. Never mind, that’s life, you live n learn

#4 Fais

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:16 AM

missile, on 22 May 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Why do you want extended warranty?

Three years and three minor issues. What would they have cost in total to fix, maybe $1,500?

I have heard about expensive repairs. Even window repair would have been more that a $1000 easily in Australia.

I never purchased warranty on Japanese cars and getting spares was cheap and this is my first European car.

Do you know any good mechanic around Sydney?

#5 Fais

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

Justanhonestman, on 23 May 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hi guys I’m out of warranty and have till June to extend it. I’ve never had an extended warranty with any of my previous cars which all served me well. But the amount of problems I’ve had with this Q5, the latest being the air con pump siezing which melted the aux drive belt leaving me stranded in traffic, makes me think I might be better getting a warranty extension. Audi is saying £300-360 for a year depending on £150 or £250 excess. Love the car, the engine and the way it drives, but I’ve lost trust in the car and faith in the brand. I lost faith in the brand during the clanging brake pedal fiasco which they refused to accept before finally getting a fix nearly two years later. Never mind, that’s life, you live n learn

Sorry to hear about your situation. I love the car as well and drives really well.

Audi didn’t mention about any excess. I will call them on Monday.

Which year is your Q5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4450 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

Fais, on 23 May 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

I have heard about expensive repairs. Even window repair would have been more that a $1000 easily in Australia.

I never purchased warranty on Japanese cars and getting spares was cheap and this is my first European car.

Do you know any good mechanic around Sydney?

Really? A window motor is £60 in UK. See here
Never been to Australia, but I am sure there must be many good independent garages in the Australian state capital?
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#7 Justanhonestman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:14 PM

Hi Fais it was one of the first 2017 Mk2s (petrol) to arrive from Mexico. As well as the air con pump seizing, the passenger seat electric motor and rails broke, so had to be replaced. Audi replaced the brake servo then the master cylinder to try and cure the clanging brake pedal. Worked for a while, now comes and goes but you hardly hear it. Apparently they have a different type of brake servo and fluid container which they now fit. They sent me a reminder by e-mail and there was a link to their site where tou tap in your reg and milage. You then get prices depending on the excess your willing to pay in a claim. Cheers

#8 Fais

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:59 PM

missile, on 23 May 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

Really? A window motor is £60 in UK.
Never been to Australia, but I am sure there must be many good independent garages in the Australian capital city?

Thanks mate, I will look around. We have a much smaller population hence higher prices. Since the closure of Australian car manufacturing I see more and more European cars. Just my street alone has 5 Q5s 😀

I used to buy parts online for my previous Honda Accord Euro which I kept for 10 years and got it serviced at a local mechanic.

I got free servicing through work for 4 years. They charged close to $1200 for 2nd service.

#9 Fais

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

Justanhonestman, on 23 May 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hi Fais it was one of the first 2017 Mk2s (petrol) to arrive from Mexico. As well as the air con pump seizing, the passenger seat electric motor and rails broke, so had to be replaced. Audi replaced the brake servo then the master cylinder to try and cure the clanging brake pedal. Worked for a while, now comes and goes but you hardly hear it. Apparently they have a different type of brake servo and fluid container which they now fit. They sent me a reminder by e-mail and there was a link to their site where tou tap in your reg and milage. You then get prices depending on the excess your willing to pay in a claim. Cheers

I have the same model in diesel. I had the exact problem with brakes and driver side window . It took three visits to admit brake problem and fix it.

Forgot to mention rear seat rattle from day one when there is no passenger. First they said it is normal and the loan Q7 had a similar problem. I insisted on getting it fixed and they replaced the seat frame and problem has gone away.

Maybe Mexico factory to blame or the cost cutting. Probably I expected too much from Audi.😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Justanhonestman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:10 PM

Yep - had the same rear seat rattle which I traced to the seat base not being pushed into the retaining clips on the floor underneath the seat. The seat was just sitting there and would have flown about the interior in a heavy collision. I sincerely hope the quality control has improved in Mexico. Seems to me they were just ticking off a list of checks and going back to sleep underneath their sombreros lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users