SQ5/Q5 Boot Left Side Compartment - what is it? - myAUDIQ5 forum

SQ5/Q5 Boot Left Side Compartment - what is it?

SQ5 Boot Green Light

5 replies to this topic

#1 M4SK13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

Hi, quick one i suppose if you know you know...

Boot left side compartment...I have a tiny little green light and what appears to be a handle like a boot release any ideas as to what it is? When i go to pull the handle the light goes red so i instantly stopped and left it green.

Thanks in advance...

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 TGR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

It could be the actuator for a drop down tow hitch?

#3 Dod Colony

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:02 AM

Yes, sounds like you've got the swivel towball, take the centre section of the rear diffuser off (2 clips under the bumper), pull the handle and it should drop out.

#4 classmaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:23 AM

View PostM4SK13, on 03 May 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Hi, quick one i suppose if you know you know...

Boot left side compartment...I have a tiny little green light and what appears to be a handle like a boot release any ideas as to what it is? When i go to pull the handle the light goes red so i instantly stopped and left it green.

Thanks in advance...

Can you show a picture of the item so I can check mine.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 M4SK13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 May 2020 - 12:54 PM

Thanks Wife has disappeared in the car once it comes back i will check it out. got the card 2nd hand a few months ago could be a nice surprise to have a tow bar on it. if its not i will post pictures.
Pure luck as i am looking to put the sound booster Kufatec modular plugin and was looking to see if i had the right exhaust and secondly that it wasn't already fitted by someone else. sure enough i did notice that the rear middle had 2 black twist pins - so it makes sense it could be a tow bar! cant wait for her to come back with the car now and will check and post.

thanks guys

#6 M4SK13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

Yes - Its a Towbar always nice to get something didn't expect...like new as well so don't think the car has pulled much on it. Its a tow bar un-did the clips under the rear, peak in to it and saw the swivel tow bar, pulled the release handle in the boot and down it dropped, a little tap to click in to place and voila a working tow bar with full electrics (Nice One!). Thanks for the assist guys. Found nothing in the user manuals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users