11 replies to this topic

#1 1534audiq5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

Hi.

A couple of weeks back I purchased a 2019 Q5 which is a 40? TDI Quattro .

Above the D(drive) and the Comfort wording on the dash board I occasionally get a bright green shoe with an arrow pointing toward the shoe. Cannot work out what is supposed to represent. No pattern to it that I can see. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 RichieRich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:28 PM

Hi 1534audiq5

Welcome to the forum!

What you have described is a symbol to let you know that you can lift off the throttle and coast. The idea is that it’s meant to save you fuel but whether it actually makes a big difference I don’t know. I tend to find it comes on when approaching roundabouts or approaching a section of road with a lower speed limit.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
SQ5 3.0 V6 TFSI - Ibis white - Comfort and sound pack - Light and vision pack - Storage pack - Red brake calipers - Electric folding auto dimming door mirrors with memory - Electric panoramic glass sunroof - 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel - 21" wheels - Collapsible spare wheel
Previous - Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Plus Quattro - Glacier white - Tech pack high - Electric folding door mirrors - 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel - 20" wheels
Previous - Q3 2.0 TDI S Line Quattro - Glacier white - Electric folding door mirrors - SD card sat nav

#3 1534audiq5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:46 PM

Spot on with the roundabout scenario. Exactly that.

Thanks for the welcome and many thanks. The fact that it was Green rather than Red meant that I was not too worried but great to know.

Thanks

#4 TGR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:20 PM

Hi, the Owners Literature can be found on the Audi app if you have registered, it's in the Service section, it's a PDF file.

#5 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:46 AM

Welcome

#6 AllanG

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:19 AM

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoy your new Q5 Posted Image
2018 Q5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI STronic - Daytona Grey

#7 AudiExpert

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

This thread is full of pure misinformation.

Directly from the owner's manual:

"Remove your foot from the accelerator pedal to slow down because there is a situation ahead that requires a lower speed."

It has nothing to do with coasting so much as it's a warning to let off the gas because you're about to start braking (like when you approach a stop or roundabout).

Cheers!

#8 RichieRich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

Whilst I agree with what you’ve said in the handbook, it also says:

“ Predictive messages(efficiency assist) Appliesto: vehicles with predictive efficiency assist
Indicator in the instrument cluster display
Predictive messages appearin the instrument cluster display to show the driver the appropriate time to coast whena situation ahead requires you to drive at a lower speed.”

So it is also to do with coasting.

Coincidentally when I was out on a test drive with my sales guy from my local dealership, he told me it that it was to do with the turbo spooling up and meant I had full boost!.....He was completely wrong!
SQ5 3.0 V6 TFSI - Ibis white - Comfort and sound pack - Light and vision pack - Storage pack - Red brake calipers - Electric folding auto dimming door mirrors with memory - Electric panoramic glass sunroof - 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel - 21" wheels - Collapsible spare wheel
Previous - Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Plus Quattro - Glacier white - Tech pack high - Electric folding door mirrors - 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel - 20" wheels
Previous - Q3 2.0 TDI S Line Quattro - Glacier white - Electric folding door mirrors - SD card sat nav

#9 MrH

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostAudiExpert, on 15 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

That is a bit of an overstatement; there is one use of the word "coast" in the 2nd post and that's it Posted Image
Current: BMW 540i xDrive Touring M Sport

Gone but not forgotten: SQ5 MY16 (65 Plate): Volcano Red . Black Pack . Body Coloured Mirrors (Folding) . Powered Tailgate . Bendy Xenons . Carbon Atlas Inlays . Heated Seats (front and rear) . Rear Bench Seat Plus . Rear Side Airbags . Side Window Blinds . Tech Pack High . B&O Sound . ADS . Dynamic Steering . HHA . Storage Package . Under-floor Storage Tray . Semi-Rigid Bootliner and a (privately purchased) Collapsible Spare Wheel Mods: LED Reversing lights

Posted Image

#10 rapidcool

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Moderators
  • 1044 posts
  • Locationrochester,kent

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:06 PM

View PostAudiExpert, on 15 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Directly from the owner's manual:

"Remove your foot from the accelerator pedal to slow down because there is a situation ahead that requires a lower speed."

It has nothing to do with coasting so much as it's a warning to let off the gas because you're about to start braking (like when you approach a stop or roundabout).

Cheers!

A bit harsh for your first post. Please be respectful to other forum users

#11 Deannahox

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:27 AM

Posted Image

Designing and Drawing My Spidersona - WHY IS THIS EVEN TRENDING?

#12 gdoes

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

Is this the symbol you are referring to?

Attached File(s)

I Think, Therefore I Am.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users