Electric Seats

seats retrofit

9 replies to this topic

#1 thesmileyone

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:37 PM

Hi guys!

So I am buying a Q5 soon, I know what I want (sub 30k, black or lava grey, 3.0 TDI S-Line 2014-2016 model) and I have a question.

My father just bought a 2016 SQ5 Plus...great car and now I've been spoiled as instead of the hand crank seat adjustment it has electric seats...so easy!

I am struggling to find any Q5's with this. So I am wondering, how easy is it to retrofit this? I'm only going to buy one with heated seats, and I want full leather anyway. I figure I can discount the full leather if I'm going to retrofit heated electric seats. I'm not bothered about memory, just want the electric and heated part.

Do they all come pre-wired or do you need a Kufatec or something? I had a look on "Hazzydayz" and he doesn't offer an electric seat retrofit option. Which makes me think it might not be possible...but I can't really see it not being possible?

My idea is buy the interior off ebay etc, then fit it or pay someone to fit it?

Thanks

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4485 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:25 AM

Pretty much anything can be retrofitted ……….... at a cost.

Your best option is to search for a car with the options you want. Where have you looked?

Electric adjustable seats is certainly a commonly available option. There are currently 114 second hand Q5s available from Audi UK and 107 of those have electric adjustable seats. Heated seats is not so common.

Alternatively you could try to source seats from a breaker.

Good luck with your search.
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#3 Justanhonestman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

Hi when my passenger electric seat motor and mechanism failed, according to the service manager the base came as one unit which was bolted to the underside of the seat. I think it would be easier fo try and source an electric seat matching your interior, rather than buy parts to bolt on. Best of luck.

#4 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4485 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

Justanhonestman, on 12 January 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hi when my passenger electric seat motor and mechanism failed, according to the service manager the base came as one unit which was bolted to the underside of the seat. I think it would be easier fo try and source an electric seat matching your interior, rather than buy parts to bolt on. Best of luck.

I would guess that part was expensive, do you know how much?
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#5 thesmileyone

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

missile, on 11 January 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

Pretty much anything can be retrofitted ……….... at a cost.

Your best option is to search for a car with the options you want. Where have you looked?

Electric adjustable seats is certainly a commonly available option. There are currently 114 second hand Q5s available from Audi UK and 107 of those have electric adjustable seats. Heated seats is not so common.

Alternatively you could try to source seats from a breaker.

Good luck with your search.

Yeah and about 103 of them are high mileage or 2.0 not 3.0.

Only 10 sub 30k and 3.0. And half of those don't have electric seats or are too old.

#6 thesmileyone

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

Justanhonestman, on 12 January 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hi. This is the idea. Seat plus base. I've seen the entire interiors for sale for around £800 for front and back seats + sidecards etc. But being electric the question is wiring.

#7 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 4485 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:05 AM

thesmileyone, on 17 January 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Yeah and about 103 of them are high mileage or 2.0 not 3.0.

Only 10 sub 30k and 3.0. And half of those don't have electric seats or are too old.

Well that is still 5 more than you found Posted Image

I am struggling to find any Q5's with this.

but don't bother to thank me Posted Image
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#8 RichieRich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

If electric seats are a “must have” for you, IMHO if it was me, I’d wait until I found a car with the spec I wanted rather than trying to retrofit. Electric folding mirrors would be a “must have” for me these days and I personally wouldn’t entertain buying a car without them and then look to have them retrofitted but hey that’s just me....
SQ5 3.0 V6 TFSI - Ibis white - Comfort and sound pack - Light and vision pack - Storage pack - Red brake calipers - Electric folding auto dimming door mirrors with memory - Electric panoramic glass sunroof - 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel - 21" wheels - Collapsible spare wheel
Previous - Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Plus Quattro - Glacier white - Tech pack high - Electric folding door mirrors - 3 spoke flat bottomed steering wheel - 20" wheels
Previous - Q3 2.0 TDI S Line Quattro - Glacier white - Electric folding door mirrors - SD card sat nav

#9 Richard_Lincoln

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:03 PM

Not bothered about electric or heated seats but great if fitted. Bonus.
Folding mirrors a must for my parking and harder to find. Keep looking and you will find the right car.

#10 thesmileyone

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

So yeah in the end I bought a 6 month old A5 instead with 5k miles for about 2k more than 4 year old Q5's with 30k are going for... With electric seats (and auto fold mirrors) and I'm glad I waited for the right one :) Lovely car. Thanks everyone for your help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users