2019/2020 MMI Nav Update - myAUDIQ5 forum

2019/2020 MMI Nav Update

17 replies to this topic

#1 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

FYI the latest Nav Update is now available, just did mine.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 Reggieboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

View PostAndyM, on 16 November 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

FYI the latest Nav Update is now available, just did mine.
Are they free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:19 AM

View PostReggieboy19, on 16 November 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Are they free?

Yes until the car is 3 years old. Typically there are 2 updates a year.

#4 Reggieboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostAndyM, on 17 November 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

Yes until the car is 3 years old. Typically there are 2 updates a year.
Hi AndyM, do you have the online link to where I can download the map update from? I have the ‘red’ MyAudi app but can’t find it on that! Cheers

#5 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostReggieboy19, on 17 November 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hi AndyM, do you have the online link to where I can download the map update from? I have the ‘red’ MyAudi app but can’t find it on that! Cheers

You login to MyAudi website, click on to "Show vehicle details", then select "Features" and scroll down to "Map Update". You will need Java installed, and a 32GB SD Card.

#6 Reggieboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostAndyM, on 17 November 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

You login to MyAudi website, click on to "Show vehicle details", then select "Features" and scroll down to "Map Update". You will need Java installed, and a 32GB SD Card.
Thanks. I logged in earlier and couldn’t find it. I did get a red bar along the bottom of the page saying “unable to load all details” so maybe there was some sort of technical issue. I’ll give it a go again and see. Cheers

#7 Reggieboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

Must be some technical glitch!! Logged in again, followed your instructions and couldn’t find ‘map update’ when I scroll to the bottom of the screen!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Here is what I see ...

#9 Reggieboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:14 PM

View PostAndyM, on 17 November 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Here is what I see ...
Thanks AndyM. Must be something not right with the website! I have the same My destination picture, but not the bottom one for the maps! I’ll try again tomorrow after work. Cheers

#10 AllanG

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:25 AM

AndyM said:

1574017935[/url]' post='478168']
Here is what I see ...

Hi Andy,

I checked MyAudi website last night and on the map update section, it states that:

No updates available
Your maps are up to date

This is strange as I haven’t updated my maps since January this year, so they are the 2019 version. Maybe I’ll check again at the beginning of 2020.
2018 Q5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI STronic - Daytona Grey

#11 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostAllanG, on 18 November 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

Hi Andy,

I checked MyAudi website last night and on the map update section, it states that:

No updates available
Your maps are up to date

This is strange as I haven’t updated my maps since January this year, so they are the 2019 version. Maybe I’ll check again at the beginning of 2020.

Mine came with the late 2018 maps installed (car was registered in January), and I updated to the 2019 maps in February. I check every few weeks for the latest, surprised you haven't got them showing.

#12 AllanG

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:18 PM

Thanks, Andy...I’ll certainly keep checking MyAudi for the 2020 updates.
2018 Q5 S-Line 2.0 TFSI STronic - Daytona Grey

#13 rapport25

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

Can you not update via your MMI?

On my new A6, seen a map update & did this via the car. Around 15/20 mins.

#14 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:18 PM

View Postrapport25, on 18 November 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Can you not update via your MMI?

On my new A6, seen a map update & did this via the car. Around 15/20 mins.

Quite probably, not looked in to it. I just followed the instructions on the website. The update via the SD car also takes around 20 mins.

#15 AndyM

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:04 AM

Another update available, the last was labelled 2019/2020, new one is just 2020.

#16 Reggieboy19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:37 PM

Are the free map updates only available on the MyAudi site if you have the tech pack? Or are updates available if you have the standard based sat nav? The reason I ask is every time I log in to check there is no map update available!! Car is a 2018 model. Cheers

#17 KarenchieM

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image

MEEST ONMOGELIJKE GAMEMODE OOIT IN MINECRAFT (Nightmare)

#18 j3trooper

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 04:22 PM

I've just spent nearly two hours on the phone to Audi UK, Audi Digital Services and the dealer I bought my Q5 from.
I bought my Q5 new in October 2018 from Audi Vindis and was told that I had free map updates for 3 years.
I have downloaded one Map update since I bought the car.

This morning I thought I would see if there was a new map update available.
I logged into MyAudi account only to see displayed a message that I had used up all my free quotas of map updates and to contact my dealer to purchase a new update.
That's when I contacted my Audi Vindis who directed me to Audi UK and onto Audi Digital Services.
After supplying all the required info, ie my name, email and VIN No etc I was told that the three years of free map updates starts from when the vehicle leaves the factory and not from when the car is first registered and sold as a new car!!!
This was confirmed when speaking to another person at Audi Digital Services on a subsequent phone call a little later.

After nearly two hours and several phone calls later both to my Dealership and Audi UK nothing has been resolved.
The last agent I spoke to at Audi UK who had been in touch with Audi Digital Services relayed to me that I would be able to download FOC a map update that is due out in May.
I made him aware that there is already a Europe 21/22 map update for sale on shops.audi.com for 259 Euros. Is that the map update Audi Digital Services are referring to?
Why can't I download that now FOC?......No answer to that.
As Audi Digital Services have not changed the date or edited in any way the details relating to my car I cannot see me being able to do that without getting the same message that I have used up all my free quotas of map updates. The agent at Audi UK (who was helpful) said to wait and see if I can update my MMI Nav in May and to get back to him and Audi Digital Services if there is a problem. I have a reference No for the conversation but if I do not get free updates until my 3 yrs expires then I will complain to the Motor Ombudsman.

It is ludicrous to say that a period of free updates starts from when the Audi leaves the factory. The car (I was told by Audi Digital Services) apparently left the factory in Mexico in March (hence the expiry time) and has been sat in a compound or storage facility until it was sold to me.

I would recommend anyone with an Audi bought new that is coming up to two/two and a quarter years old confirms with Audi Digital Services when their period of free map updates expires.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users