Audi Q5 Forum banner

Audi Drive Select Activation VCDS

66K views 83 replies 29 participants last post by  SQ-Raphster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got Audi Drive select actived in Missiles SQ5 today using VCDS.

Waiting for report back on drive home.

#2 ·
Many thanks for the VCDS modifications, you are a star
I couldn't detect much difference between the modes. I was in heavy traffic on the way home so maybe not the best conditions for a test. The steering did seem a little heavier............ Your own Q5 is a credit to your car care skills, it looked like it had just come out of the showroom.

#11 ·
This a great feature, something that Evoque owners would die for, it's so much safer to have the rears activated too, I have had many vag cars and spend a lot time looking for audis and skodas for my kids and their mates.

Looking forward to looking at the options through vag.com or somewhere else for the q5' is there a list somewhere of the options that an be switched on afterwards?

Great forum by the way

Reactions: gti2k
#5 ·
And I missed it all! Damn, I had to work on a Friday.

#7 ·
Definately blocked out next Friday in my diary if that works? Cheers....

#9 ·
Wish I lived nearer guys (midlands) as I like the rear led mod and the interior footwell lighting mod too.

#12 ·
Have a look here as well.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Thanks from me to Brn7y for activating my rear LED's for daylight running today .... marvellous job. And, having the tools to hand, he even replaced my front foglights to ice white halogen. The least I could do was give you velcro for your parcel shelf rattle (a very meagre exchange for your time and equipment).

Reactions: Steppy and José
#16 ·
Where about are you putting there velcro? I thought I had mine sorted but its come back again

#15 ·
It was nae bother, I enjoy doing that stuff so it was my pleasure.

Thanks for the velcro.

Reactions: Hectorshouse
#17 ·
Not had a look yet, wife buzzed off with the Q5 and left me her A3 to wash. Will post how to when I solve it.

Reactions: Steppy
#20 ·
Not sure, what you can activate is dependant on your setup. So far I have done a MMI 3G Plus (gives full screen access like above) and an MMI 3G Basic (gives access only to individual) what age of car and what unit so you have?

#22 ·
You should be able to activate individual in the car menu.

#24 ·
#26 ·
Thanks, I should be ok with the 'tooling' as I'm quite familiar with VAG-COM, having used it for many years on previous VAG cars (B5 RS4, and Mk5 Golf). I was just keen to understand the viability of enabling this feature on my car.

Cheers

#27 ·
2 quick questions for Bm7y or other knowledgeable member.

After a bit of time I have now been told by the dealer after discussion with their workshop techs that 2014 Q5 models cannot have the foot-well lights set to be on and dimmable when the lights are on as was the case on my 2 previous A6 cars although they tell me that older Q5's had this facility through the MMI menu.
I also asked them if the CD naming facility which both A6's also had could be activated but they said that this also is not possible on 2014 Q5 models.

Is this correct or can these functions be enabled with VCDS?

Answer eagerly awaited.

#28 ·
Could be true, not sure, MY13 I think you still can. Snow Man has had a play with the interior lighting options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.