Q5 taking for ever!!

42 replies to this topic

#1 Kenzooo0

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Same as many people on here i am having to wait a loooong time for my Q5 to arrive.

I ordered the car on 14th January, order officially placed according to myAudi on 30th January.

The build started week commencing 3rd April.

I have been told the car was finished being built on 19th April and started journey to UK on 21st April.

I spoke to my dealership on 29th April and they projected a delayed arrival of max 8 week from that date.

Audi customer services on 8th May said 12 weeks worst case

16th May, I contacted Audi customer car as I would have expected the car to reach Germany this week (4 weeks after leaving Mexico) but was told 24 weeks from departure date from Mexico!!!

Audi customer care are absolutely shocking! i have asked to raise a complaint and been waiting 3 days to speak to a manager!

is any body else working to similar order departure times as myself?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 JP Oxfordshire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

I suffered a similar long drawn out wait; see my post at: http://www.myaudiq5....st-what-a-saga/

When, at long last, I collected it two days ago, on 18 May, having ordered it in the first week of January, the dealer said that more recent orders are now facing an extra 22 week wait! - yes, 22 weeks. The delays are bad enough, but Audi's failure to explain them is atrocious; not only very bad customer relations, but causing suspicion about why these delays are happening.

The good news is that, having got my car now, it seems OK and has no problems evident - yet! So I would stick with it.
Audi Q5 (2017) SE STronic
2.0 TFSI
Floret silver
Milano leather, Rock grey
Technology pack
Virtual cockpit
Adaptive air suspension
Keyless Go/Advanced Key
Comfort & Sound pack
Cruise control and limiter
Etc, etc! 😂

#3 Kenzooo0

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

JP Oxfordshire, on 19 May 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I suffered a similar long drawn out wait; see my post at: http://www.myaudiq5....st-what-a-saga/

When, at long last, I collected it two days ago, on 18 May, having ordered it in the first week of January, the dealer said that more recent orders are now facing an extra 22 week wait! - yes, 22 weeks. The delays are bad enough, but Audi's failure to explain them is atrocious; not only very bad customer relations, but causing suspicion about why these delays are happening.

The good news is that, having got my car now, it seems OK and has no problems evident - yet! So I would stick with it.

Yes i couldn't believe it when they told me 24 weeks!

first they told me it was a delay in available parts that meant it was delayed 24 weeks, when i pointed out the fact the car was already built they said it takes 24 weeks to ship from mexico and the ship "prob stops for a few weeks in each US port" hilarious - they genuinely have no idea!!

its worrying as there must be a problem with cars somewhere down the line

#4 PRT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

Kenzooo0, on 19 May 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Same as many people on here i am having to wait a loooong time for my Q5 to arrive.

I ordered the car on 14th January, order officially placed according to myAudi on 30th January.

The build started week commencing 3rd April.

I have been told the car was finished being built on 19th April and started journey to UK on 21st April.

I spoke to my dealership on 29th April and they projected a delayed arrival of max 8 week from that date.

Audi customer services on 8th May said 12 weeks worst case

16th May, I contacted Audi customer car as I would have expected the car to reach Germany this week (4 weeks after leaving Mexico) but was told 24 weeks from departure date from Mexico!!!

Audi customer care are absolutely shocking! i have asked to raise a complaint and been waiting 3 days to speak to a manager!

is any body else working to similar order departure times as myself?

My order was placed with Audi a week later on 6th February and went into production on 6th April, on the 10th it went into quality control and that where it been ever since, for the last month been chasing Audi customer service getting nowhere. I raised a complaint Tuesday and was promised a call from a manager within 48 hours, yesterday I chased them again and was put through to a case manager who is ringing me back today with hopefully more information, not good as the car apparently is still in Mexico.

#5 Justanhonestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Hi Kenzooo0 - you may have read previous posts and found out you are certainly not alone in receiving this kind of treatment from Audi. Considering the cost of the cars we are ordering, they just will not or cannot tell you where your car is or how long it may be before you get it delivered. I've been there and can sympathise. But worryingly the situation seems to be getting worse. I suspect a huge backlog at Emden is to blame for the ever increasing delivery times. But why ?? Why are these cars getting so called 'quality checks' after arriving in Emden ? What quality checks ? Cars going to the USA are shipped from the docks straight to the dealers. The very fact that customer services give various reasons and different time scales along with tight lipped salesmen at the dealerships, just promote suspicion that Audi are not coming clean about the reason behind these checks or delays.
Ships leaving Veracruz in Mexico take between 16 -19 days to reach Emden. Sailing to Jacksonville takes around 3-4 days with the ship in dock unloading and out again within 24-48 hrs. Another 4 days sailing to Davisville and again 24-48 hrs turnaround before sailing to Emden. My car was in Emden getting these 'extra checks' for nearly six weeks before I received an e-mail telling me my car had been loaded onto a ship and heading for the UK. The e-mail was about 5 days behind the date that my car left Emden for Tyne. I had been tracking ships leaving Emden for Tyne so was able to pinpoint the ship had left 5 days before I got my update.
When you read posts concerning niggles found on new cars, you wonder what's going on during these 'checks'.
I hope you get your car soon but when I ordered mine back in November I was told the expected delivery timescale was approximately 12 weeks from the car coming out of Q/A in Mexico - which was a week after build date.
Considering some of these vehicle carriers coming from Mexico can carry 5 to 6000 cars at a time, and ships going from Emden to the UK carry as little as 5 to 800 cars. I think Audi just cannot cope with the amount of cars coming in to Emden. Too many cars, too many 'checks', cannot track cars, cannot or will not tell customers what's going on, stories about parts shortages and faults still getting through. I bet this was not how Audi envisaged their move to Mexico to pan out. The truth will come out- it always does.

#6 PRT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

Chased Audi again as promised a call back today, got a call back from them but no news ! advised they will ring me back Monday with an update (still in Mexico ?)
This is becoming a joke.

#7 SteveMak

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationOakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Folks, I feel your pain. There are a number of variables that determine how long it'll take for your custom-ordered Q5 to arrive:
  • Securing a spot in the production line (you might get lucky if an existing order gets cancelled)
  • Vehicle production (usually not a problem, though the online tracker often doesn't report progress accurately)
  • Shipping the vehicle by boat. This can have delays at the loading end, during the trip (as ships typically make several delivery stops), and at the unloading end where customs and other delays can happen. A batch of cars can sit at the boatyard for a month, though this is not typical.
  • Shipping by train from the boatyard to a truck depot
  • Shipping by truck from the train depot to your dealership
  • Dealer prep / pre-delivery inspection
  • Finally... it's yours!

As you can see, there are numerous opportunities for delays :cry:

Just as a data point, I ordered my Q5 on Feb 23/15 and I took delivery on May 26/15 -- over 3 months later. It was manufactured in Germany, and shipped to Canada. My Q5's boat took an atypical diversion to make deliveries to Florida first, and then up the coast to Canada. Now, with all Q5's being manufactured in Mexico, European customers will suffer longer delivery times (plus more potential delays) to get their car.
2015 Audi Q5 3.0 TDI ("Progressiv" + S-Line, Scuba Blue) -- No.1 highest fuel economy for any Q5 on Fuelly.com!-

Posted Image.......Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Justanhonestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hi SteveMak - I nearly cancelled my order because of the delays and lack of information from the dealers and Audi UK. I don't know if you have checked out the port of Emden on Google or the ship tracking apps. At Emden where the cars arrive from Mexico, the docks where the ships taking the cars to the UK are loaded are a short distance from where they are unloaded (about 6 ship lengths away).
When the cars are unloaded at any of the three ports of entry, the car transporters are within that area ready to take the cars by road to the dealers. The average time for a car arriving in the UK till it gets to the dealers can be a week. Sometimes sooner.
I think most peoples concerns are the amount of time the cars are spending at Emden due to these mysterious 'checks' that Audi says they are carrying out. Audi customer services and the dealers are not forthcoming with any information as to what is going on or being done to the cars. It is this lack of information that is putting customers against the brand before they even get their car.
I have several issues with my car that should have been picked up in Emden. The most glaring one being the passenger side door sill illuminated S-line kickplate not lighting up. Would whoever ticked off the lighting checklist sheet please stand up !!! You may also have read about the clanging noise coming from the brake pedal when released quickly
I also had loose trim screws which I tightened up myself below the steering wheel , above the brake pedal !!!!!! Add to this the photo I posted of the burned section of metal up inside the area around the very top of the brake pedal mechanism and you can see why we in the UK are suspicious that we are not being told the real reason for these delays - and getting worse.

#9 christuffleyQ5

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Just trying to put a positive spin on the car here. I know 'justanhonestman' that you have all these problems and it must be shit, I feel for you after being through this on an old mk7 golf. BUT my Q5 is touch wood spot on with none of the build quality issues I'm reading on here.
I'm hoping I'm the norm and there's a few rogues that have slipped through with teething problems.

Sorry this isn't helping the majority of people but just wanted to try and reassure those waiting that there are good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Ransman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

Order placed 16th November - still waiting!
Q5 S-Line Plus 190ps 2.0tdi S-tronic. Daytona Grey.

#11 SteveMak

myAUDIQ5 Pro

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationOakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

Ransman, on 19 May 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Ouch! That's an unusually long time. I wonder if Audi stopped building Q5s in Germany before the plant in Mexico was up to full production, thereby creating a delivery gap.
2015 Audi Q5 3.0 TDI ("Progressiv" + S-Line, Scuba Blue) -- No.1 highest fuel economy for any Q5 on Fuelly.com!-

Posted Image.......Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Ransman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

SteveMak, on 19 May 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Ouch! That's an unusually long time. I wonder if Audi stopped building Q5s in Germany before the plant in Mexico was up to full production, thereby creating a delivery gap.

They build the old model in Germany and the new one in Mexico so I don't think that is the issue.
TBH as long as they are holding the p/ex price on my current car then it isn't an issue for me and I am not exactly slumming it in my current car. I never thought I would own a car as nice as my current Q5.
Q5 S-Line Plus 190ps 2.0tdi S-tronic. Daytona Grey.

#13 SwingKing

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:20 AM

Sheer volume of cars, complexity of transport and quality assurance processes, and probably people not actually knowing enough about their line of work could all be contributing to big delays, lost paperwork/documents, poor or maybe even missed quality assurance checking etc etc. All in all a bit of a fudge by Audi and not what we paying customers ought to be expecting from a 'Premium' brand.
Sepang SQ5, 2015. 21" wheels, B&O, folding mirrors, privacy, heated/electric front seats, power tailgate, flat wheel, bench rear seat. Loving it

#14 Justanhonestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

christuffleyQ5, on 19 May 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Just trying to put a positive spin on the car here. I know 'justanhonestman' that you have all these problems and it must be shit, I feel for you after being through this on an old mk7 golf. BUT my Q5 is touch wood spot on with none of the build quality issues I'm reading on here.
I'm hoping I'm the norm and there's a few rogues that have slipped through with teething problems.

Sorry this isn't helping the majority of people but just wanted to try and reassure those waiting that there are good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi chrisuffleyQ5 - thanks for your concern. To be honest I really am enjoying my car. It's a quiet, refined car that just sails along. I got the petrol engine and really pleased at how quiet this engine is. I have hit 40.9 mpg so far with 35-38 mpg being the norm for a mixture of town and country roads. I usually drive in comfort or economy modes, switching to dynamic when I feel like a bit of fun. The acceleration in this mode for a car of its size is fantastic. There are no squeaks or rattles coming from the interior trim and it seems to be a solid car which I hope to enjoy for a long time.
As you know, I feel the niggles I have on my car should have been picked up at these 'checks' being carried out at Emden ( or somewhere in Germany). Noisy clanging brake pedal, s-line door sill plate not illuminating, sound deadening felt not fitted correctly in the boot side pocket areas and some loose trim screws above the brake and accelerorator pedals are not stopping me driving or enjoying the car -BUT - all these concerns should not be there on a car at this price point, especially after spending nearly six weeks receiving according to Audi, further 'quality checks'.
One other thing I noted which could be improved on ( do I ever stop complaining lol) is the sound deadining material they have fitted inside the wheel arches. The hard felt like material is a magnet for dirt and grime and is not the easiest to clean without a pressure washer or good garden hose. Why didn't they just use the normal smooth faced plastic arch liners with this material stuck to the inside ? I am thinking about coating this area with a rubberised paint that can be used to seal shed roofs etc to give a smoother surface which would be easier to clean and stop muck sticking so easily. Great car but shame about the buying experience. Cheers

#15 Nemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

Justanhonestman, on 20 May 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

One other thing I noted which could be improved on ( do I ever stop complaining lol) is the sound deadining material they have fitted inside the wheel arches. The hard felt like material is a magnet for dirt and grime and is not the easiest to clean without a pressure washer or good garden hose. Why didn't they just use the normal smooth faced plastic arch liners with this material stuck to the inside ? I am thinking about coating this area with a rubberised paint that can be used to seal shed roofs etc to give a smoother surface which would be easier to clean and stop muck sticking so easily. Great car but shame about the buying experience. Cheers

This is sooooooo annoying! I can only assume this is because it's cheaper than the hard surfaces plastic they used to have. I have it on my Q7 and even with pressure washer some of the grime does not come off.

As for other niggles - i resigned myself when I got the Q that we are as I said before somewhere the guinea pigs and testers. Ultimately I ended up rejecting my first Q but the second one has been fine (bar one major problem on it..) but my dealers were fab in getting everything resolved.

If you have issues make a long long list and get it all sorted, ultimately you paid the £££s and it should be perfect. Do it all right way with dealers and they can't help being helpful...I already had a good relationship, but this was strengthened with the rejection and ultimately its lead to more cars being bought through the family 👍🏼

#16 Kenzooo0

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Thanks everyone for the advise and help!

I have now set up the website where I can see the order status number - which is still on 30.

Fingers crossed - I've also asked dealership for a courtesy car as I am car-less from 1st june after terminating my company car !

#17 Kenzooo0

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Spoke to the dealership, on new orders they are estimating 9 month waits.

For my car - they suggested I switch to a pre-built car they already have if I was happy to lose some of the options like the virtual cockpit and change colour ☹️

I declined, might as well wait now!

#18 PRT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Kenzooo0, on 20 May 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Thanks everyone for the advise and help!

I have now set up the website where I can see the order status number - which is still on 30.

Fingers crossed - I've also asked dealership for a courtesy car as I am car-less from 1st june after terminating my company car !

Wow your lucky ! as of today my car has been stuck on Order Status 24 - Quality Control for 6 weeks. As we speak they are probably bending back the brake pedal plate and sweeping out the nachos.

#19 Justanhonestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

Ransman, on 19 May 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hi Ransman -- it's so frustrating. I placed my order on 8th Nov and received the car on 9th May. My car was built on 23/24 th Jan. Surely it can't be long now - hopefully.

#20 Justanhonestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Kenzooo0, on 22 May 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Spoke to the dealership, on new orders they are estimating 9 month waits.

For my car - they suggested I switch to a pre-built car they already have if I was happy to lose some of the options like the virtual cockpit and change colour ☹️

I declined, might as well wait now!

Hi Kenzooo0 if they had said that to me I would have told them I was considering cancelling my order then walked out the door. They wouldn't be long before they were phoning you to discuss options like a courtesy car or some compensation like more discount or a couple of service freebies. They really need to get their act together. I'm surprised none of the popular car magazines have picked up on this saga we are all going through. One things for sure, when you finally get your car you will have a good idea what to check for after reading some of our delivery niggles. Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users