DAB aerial

8 replies to this topic

#1 audiq5uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

hi guys have a 2013 facelift q5 no dab on there have just bought the module off eBay and will have the protections taken off so can use it, my question is what should i do about aerials ?? someone has said if the car comes factory the aerial is in the glass in the back passenger side i could not see any lines in the glass or any thing. my question is would it come with the same glass and you just add the amp to it and solder the wires or do i have the replace the whole glass ? would it be better if i went for a bumper aerial which are meant to be good too.

what are you guys thinking is the easiest way forward?
thank you for all your help in advance

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 3,502 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

My car has a shark fin type aerial on the roof.
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#3 audiq5uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:48 AM

oh read somewhere thats the gps, is that where the dab is as well as i got that too

#4 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 3,502 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

I may be wrong?
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#5 audiq5uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

lol your prob right normally are, just seen somewhere you have to solder 3 wires for the dab onto the glass, always thought it was the car tailgate glass just learnt its the rear quarter panel glass lol or so i thought

#6 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 3,502 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

If that rear quarter glass is the aerial, I would not fancy the chances of successfully soldering onto it. Perhaps you can obtain a replacement panel from Audi or a scrap car.

Perhaps this would be suitable? http://www.ebay.co.u...AsAAOSwhQhY55vt
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#7 FiftyPence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGuernsey

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

Note - there are some antennas located behind the tailgate trim. Not sure if they're the FM or DAB.
Audi SQ5 in Glacier White, 21" wheels, MMI 3G+, front camera and reversing camera, SQ5 puddle lights, kufatec soundbooster pro, factory exterior chrome wrapped in gloss black. 2x2 twill carbon fibre interior trim, doug robling remote boot close module
Still to come as time allows: DVB-T digital tv, mirabox 5G wireless smartphone mirroring, upgrade interior lights to LEDs

#8 audiq5uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

lol think i will try aftermarket glass aerial on the rear quarter before that gotta get the cp off the unit lol

#9 audiq5uk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

thanx though guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users