6 replies to this topic

#1 Stranexuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Hi All,

I had my emissions fix about 2 months ago on my 13 plate 2.0TDi with 43kl and this evening the Emissions warning lamp came on (steady not flashing)

Will contact Audi in the morning and my local indy VAG garage but anyone able to offer any insight as to what the diagnostic might reveal? Slightly concerned as read elsewhere it could be DPF and that these can be upward of £2k!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

MTIA
2.0 TDI Sline S Tronic - Daytona Grey - Pano Roof - Privacy - DAB - Interior Light - Rear Bench - Tech Pack - Storage Pack

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 Stranexuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Sorry, should have asked....ok to drive in the meantime??
2.0 TDI Sline S Tronic - Daytona Grey - Pano Roof - Privacy - DAB - Interior Light - Rear Bench - Tech Pack - Storage Pack

#3 SteveMcB

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Could be the DPF just needs a regen but I've read that EGR failure is suspiciously common after the fix.
16 plate SQ5 plus, sepang, ADS, BnO, HHA, connect, pan roof, folding mirrors, rear camera, swivelling peepers, front bum warmers, piano black inlays, partition net, storage pack, austin allegro steering wheel, fully wired towbar, collapsible spare (grudged extra). Mods: gloss black alloys, satin black exhaust tips, red calipers, kufatec sound booster, metal footrest, K1S dash cam

#4 Stranexuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

So fault came back as NOX Sensor failure....£650 to supply and fit at VAG indy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

#5 Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

They are taking the p1ss. You can get a lambda sensor from EuroCarParts for about £150 (Max) for my 2.0TDI (Engine Code CAHA). You need a 22mm Lambda probe socket and it takes mins to fit. It could be that your sensor is in a difficult position.

Whats the split on parts and labour?

#6 audiq5uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

dunno if this is going to help but hope so, my aunty got a ibiza 1.2 tdi and after the fix 2 months down the line same thing happened, have had my mates garage look at it and its sensors in the egr, he knows someone vag who's a tech and they told him they have had quite a few customers with same issue after the fix but it does not effect all cars after the fix, ne ways she's got her car booked in for may so i started doing some research and found this
https://www.hypermil...e-emissions-fix
maybe this will help, hope so any ways
and this is the reason I'm NOT going to let my car have the update

#7 audiq5uk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

oh yea according to the website in the post above they say it shortens the life of the dpf as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users