Discounts and extras

22 replies to this topic

#1 Mjr2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Anyone successful with negotiating discounts? Keen to negotiate a good price to justify some nice extras. Previously gave had 9% and 6% on A3 purchases.

Also considering what extras to go for on a S Line petrol:

Comfort and sound pack £1,250
Seems good value when you see what this comprises:

Electric front seats £700
4 way electric lumbar standard
Advanced key electric boot £525
B&O sound £750

Also wanting:

Virtual cockpit. £250 but need the Technology pack. As far as sat nav is concerned I think Waze takes a lot of beating and it's free!

Hold hill assist £75
5 year warranty £1,255. Private purchase which we'll keep for 5 /6 years

Extended LED lighting £150
Flat bottom steering wheel £100. It's great on the A3

Extended interior upholstery pack £250 - nice to have but is it worth it

Drivers memory front seats £200 - useful with the comfort pack and with 2 of us driving the car

Rear bench seat plus £350 - a forced option when you go for leather

Sports seats nappa leather £800. Look great and leather needed with a child and dog.

Door mirrors folding with memory function £225. Standard on the wife's A3 and a useful visual aid to see if I have actually locked the car!

Metallic paint £645 - must have.

Storage pack £175 - not sure it's necessary but nice to have

Anyone got experience of these and think they are value for money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 Ransman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

I would go for the Sport model then use part of the savings on the Technology pack and have lots of change left over. S-Line changes are purely cosmetic.

The demonstrator I drove had the B&O and, TBH, I didn't perceive it to be any better than the standard set up in the current Q5.
Q5 S-Line Plus 190ps 2.0tdi S-tronic. Daytona Grey.

#3 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

I got 5% discount - wasn't easy due to the new model and when I ordered it. Used carwow and found the same level of negotiation across the main dealer groups.

Tech Pack and virtual cockpit are a must IMHO
I'm biased but Navarra Blue metallic looks great on mine.

#4 Mjr2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostRansman, on 15 April 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

I would go for the Sport model then use part of the savings on the Technology pack and have lots of change left over. S-Line changes are purely cosmetic.

The demonstrator I drove had the B&O and, TBH, I didn't perceive it to be any better than the standard set up in the current Q5.

Good point, but for me the led lights look great and with the extras you get with an S Line the different bumpers cost less than £200.

#5 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostMjr2004, on 15 April 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Anyone successful with negotiating discounts? Keen to negotiate a good price to justify some nice extras. Previously gave had 9% and 6% on A3 purchases.

Also considering what extras to go for on a S Line petrol:

Comfort and sound pack £1,250
Seems good value when you see what this comprises:

Electric front seats £700
4 way electric lumbar standard
Advanced key electric boot £525
B&O sound £750

Also wanting:

Virtual cockpit. £250 but need the Technology pack. As far as sat nav is concerned I think Waze takes a lot of beating and it's free!

Hold hill assist £75
5 year warranty £1,255. Private purchase which we'll keep for 5 /6 years

Extended LED lighting £150
Flat bottom steering wheel £100. It's great on the A3

Extended interior upholstery pack £250 - nice to have but is it worth it

Drivers memory front seats £200 - useful with the comfort pack and with 2 of us driving the car

Rear bench seat plus £350 - a forced option when you go for leather

Sports seats nappa leather £800. Look great and leather needed with a child and dog.

Door mirrors folding with memory function £225. Standard on the wife's A3 and a useful visual aid to see if I have actually locked the car!

Metallic paint £645 - must have.

Storage pack £175 - not sure it's necessary but nice to have

Anyone got experience of these and think they are value for money?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Few shots of mine

#6 SQ-Raphster

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

Can't believe virtual cockpit is an option - should be standard!
Audi SQ5 Stealth: Mythos Black • Black Styling Pack • Black Leather Interior • Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel • Adaptive Headlights • High-beam assist • Advanced key • Audi Drive Select • Dynamic Power Steering • Parking System Advanced • B&O • Privacy Glass • Panoramic Sunroof • Heated Front & Rear seats • HHA • Electric Tailgate • Technology Pack High • Audi Music Interface Rear side airbags • Storage Package • Under-floor storage • Semi-rigid boot liner • 21" Alloys • Mods: Kufatec Sound Booster • Audi Q5 Rubber Mats • Full frontal 3rd Gen self-healing protective film • DTUK CRD3+ • Audi Aluminium cup • Full LED interior upgrade • Audi leather keyfob case • LED Fogs • LED reverse lights Thinkware Dual Dash Cam F770

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Snow Man

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

VC should be standard or free with tech pack.

Extended lighting is fun, but after 30seconds you set it and your done.
B&O door cards look better, but sound is not really any better IMO.
Hill hold its so little why wouldnt you, but should again be standard. its just software.

If you are planning on keeping it for that long, get the options you like and use,

#8 Mjr2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostchristuffleyQ5, on 16 April 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Few shots of mine

the satellite sat nav looks great!

#9 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

I always use broadspeed and drivethedeal broker sites to see what discounts are achievable, then attack local dealers with the quotes. If nobody will match them then order through the broker, I've saved £Ks over the years.

#10 PRT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

Speak to Jonathan at Carfile, he is the country's leading car broker, he introduces you to the dealership and all the transactions are done with them. I purchased my Q5 through Marshall's group and are very keen to do deals, 7% plus discounts are achievable through them.

#11 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostPRT, on 17 April 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Speak to Jonathan at Carfile, he is the country's leading car broker, he introduces you to the dealership and all the transactions are done with them. I purchased my Q5 through Marshall's group and are very keen to do deals, 7% plus discounts are achievable through them.

Check out drivethedeal, they give 10% off base price then a discount on extras too.

#12 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostHowdi, on 17 April 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Check out drivethedeal, they give 10% off base price then a discount on extras too.

Tried them and orange wheels but they could get know where near 10% on the new model

#13 SINGHY

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLeeds

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

Try Auto Union trading they trade exclusively in Audis and have got a few well specced new Q5s at discounted prices that dealers struggle to match.
Collected 27/04/17 Q5 S line TDI S Tronic, Daytona with Pan roof, B&O, Tech pack, Virtual cockpit, Reverse camera, 20 wheels.

[b]Sold:
A4 S Line Avant 3 litre Tdi Quattro Black EditionPreviously 2 A4 B7 S line TDI Autos, V6 Coupe , Audi 80

#14 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

View PostchristuffleyQ5, on 17 April 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Tried them and orange wheels but they could get know where near 10% on the new model

Odd as their site has £3300 off a £33,000 new shape Q5.

#15 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

View PostHowdi, on 17 April 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Odd as their site has £3300 off a £33,000 new shape Q5.

I'd challenge what new Q5 is £33,000........ even the SE is more

#16 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostchristuffleyQ5, on 17 April 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'd challenge what new Q5 is £33,000........ even the SE is more

My bad, it's £37k before discount with £3300 off so around 9% less than list.

#17 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostHowdi, on 17 April 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

My bad, it's £37k before discount with £3300 off so around 9% less than list.

Posted Image

Cash only though.....

#18 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

View PostchristuffleyQ5, on 18 April 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

Cash only though.....

I presume they'd take payment from a 3rd party lender that are usually cheaper anyway.

#19 rifleman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • LocationAldershot, England, UK

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostMjr2004, on 15 April 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

As far as sat nav is concerned I think Waze takes a lot of beating and it's free!

I always think anyone who spends nearly £40K on a car then has to stick a phone in their windscreen for Sat-Nav is mental and hasn't thought their purchase through.

Get it integrated and stop messing around with plugging phones into a holder on your windscreen just to navigate anywhere in your gorgeous car - it really does take the icing off the cake.
current car - Q5 (MY16) S-Line Plus 2.0 (190PS EU6) S-Tronic, ordered 19 Dec 15 - delivered 1 March 2016

Floret Silver, Extended Black Styling Pack (21" Black Alloys, Black Grille, Black Mirrors, Black Roof Rails, Black Inlays etc.), Panoramic Sunroof, Technical Pack Advanced (Adaptive Cruise Control / Audi Parking System Plus Audi Side Assist), Audi Phone Connect (High) - (with HTC One M9), Flat Bottom 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Fine Napa Leather Front and Rear Heated Seats, Hill Hold Assist, High Beam Assist, LED Light Pack, Storage Pack, Heated Electric Folding Door Mirrors.

Added with VAG-Com: Rear LED's as DRL's, Audi Drive Select (ADS), Fog Lights on Turn / Signal, Needle Sweep, Oil Temp / Lap Timer, Ambient Lighting Control, High-Beam Assist engage / disengage speed thresholds

previous car - Q5 (MY14) S-Line Plus 2.0 (177PS EU5) S-Tronic, ordered 15 May 2013 - delivered 19 Sept 13

Lava Grey, Off Road Alloys, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi Phone Connect (High) - (with HTC One M8), Flat Bottom 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Fine Napa Leather Front and Rear Heated Seats, Hill Hold Assist, High Beam Assist, Light Pack, Storage Pack, Folding Door Mirrors.

Added with VAG-Com: Rear LED's as DRL's, Audi Drive Select (ADS), Fog Lights on Turn / Signal, Needle Sweep, Oil Temp / Lap Timer, Ambient Lighting Control, High-Beam Assist engage / disengage speed thresholds, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

#20 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

View Postrifleman, on 19 April 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

I always think anyone who spends nearly £40K on a car then has to stick a phone in their windscreen for Sat-Nav is mental and hasn't thought their purchase through.

Get it integrated and stop messing around with plugging phones into a holder on your windscreen just to navigate anywhere in your gorgeous car - it really does take the icing off the cake.

Agree 100% with that, I'd never buy a prestige car that doesn't have integrated oem nav even though I rarely use it. Always makes me wonder what else the previous owner had skimped on when it's a used car, possibly unfair of me but that's just me.

I almost fell into the trap when looking for my SQ5, saw a stunning car with low miles, very low price and great spec and just presumed nav was fitted as it wasn't mentioned. Turns out it wasn't, the dealer admitted it's sacrilege to not have it these days hence him asking £2k less for the car than most others. He started talking about retrofits but he'd lost my interest by that point!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users