New member with Q5 order info

Ordering order delay order coming from mexico delays from mexico q5 checks in emden

25 replies to this topic

#1 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

Hi to all in the forum. This is my first post and looking forward to reading other members posts and views on the Q5.
I have an Audi A4 at the moment but I am waiting on delivery of the new Q5 so thought I could share my experience with other members to see if anybody else is having problems with their order.
It would appear since production moved to Mexico, that delays in delivery times are beginning to surface. My car was built mid January (according to Audis 'your Audi') tracker. It was to spend up to a week in quality control before being moved to the port of Veracruz for shipping. I received another update telling me my car was on it's way to the UK on the 24 Feb.
Happy days I thought. I have not received my car yet with Audis dealership unable to track the car. They have no idea where it is and cannot tell me if it has left Veracruz, is at sea or has arrived in Emden.
Apparently Q5's coming from Mexico are being subjected to extra quality checks which can add 2 to 4 weeks onto the delivery times. They are having problems keeping up with the amount of cars being delivered by ships rather than trains from the original German plant.
This is causing massive delays and problems for Audi. It also does not fill me with confidence of Audi's faith in the quality of cars coming from Mexico. Cannot track a car or know where it is ??????
I was told from the dealer when I placed my order to expect 12 weeks from the build date. This is now more like 16 to 20 weeks. The fact that Audi cannot tell me where my car is defies belief. Apparently I am not alone in this situation which does not inspire confidence in the brand. Moving production to Mexico may not turn out to be the success they hoped for. I will let you know if my car arrives or is found at the bottom of the Atlantic lol. So anybody thinking of ordering a Q5 should expect a very long wait or buy a pre registered model to avoid the mess Audi are in at the moment regarding their logistics from Mexico.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 missile

Still Game

• Members
  • 3,467 posts
  • LocationCraiglang

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Welcome to the forum :twoup:

I suspect the tracking issue for your vehicle rests with your dealer? Others have been able to obtain order details and track their vehicle / identify which ship they are on in real time
2013 Audi SQ5 Misano RED

#3 Ransman

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

My dealer sent me a text today telling me the car was still at Emden
Q5 S-Line Plus 190ps 2.0tdi S-tronic. Daytona Grey.

#4 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

missile, on 12 April 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Welcome to the forum :twoup:

I suspect the tracking issue for your vehicle rests with your dealer? Others have been able to obtain order details and track their vehicle / identify which ship they are on in real time

CS will definitely know this. I was very persistent with them until I got the details of the date it left Veracruz and eventually davisville and what the name of the RORO ship it was on. My dealership weren't as helpful constantly pointing me to the audi portal (which is poor IMHO and is quite a new thing)

Mine sat in emden for 10days before coming to the uk. Sailing time from davisville to emden is about 11days memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 beemer123

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Welcome :twoup:

#6 MrH

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Welcome :twoup:
SQ5 MY16 (65 Plate): Volcano Red . Black Pack . Body Coloured Mirrors (Folding) . Powered Tailgate . Bendy Xenons . Carbon Atlas Inlays . Heated Seats (front and rear) . Rear Bench Seat Plus . Rear Side Airbags . Side Window Blinds . Tech Pack High . B&O Sound . ADS . Dynamic Steering . HHA . Storage Package . Under-floor Storage Tray . Semi-Rigid Bootliner and a (privately purchased) Collapsible Spare Wheel Mods: LED Reversing lights

Posted Image

#7 stevew

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

Justanhonestman, on 12 April 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Hi to all in the forum. This is my first post and looking forward to reading other members posts and views on the Q5.
I have an Audi A4 at the moment but I am waiting on delivery of the new Q5 so thought I could share my experience with other members to see if anybody else is having problems with their order.
It would appear since production moved to Mexico, that delays in delivery times are beginning to surface. My car was built mid January (according to Audis 'your Audi') tracker. It was to spend up to a week in quality control before being moved to the port of Veracruz for shipping. I received another update telling me my car was on it's way to the UK on the 24 Feb.
Happy days I thought. I have not received my car yet with Audis dealership unable to track the car. They have no idea where it is and cannot tell me if it has left Veracruz, is at sea or has arrived in Emden.
Apparently Q5's coming from Mexico are being subjected to extra quality checks which can add 2 to 4 weeks onto the delivery times. They are having problems keeping up with the amount of cars being delivered by ships rather than trains from the original German plant.
This is causing massive delays and problems for Audi. It also does not fill me with confidence of Audi's faith in the quality of cars coming from Mexico. Cannot track a car or know where it is ??????
I was told from the dealer when I placed my order to expect 12 weeks from the build date. This is now more like 16 to 20 weeks. The fact that Audi cannot tell me where my car is defies belief. Apparently I am not alone in this situation which does not inspire confidence in the brand. Moving production to Mexico may not turn out to be the success they hoped for. I will let you know if my car arrives or is found at the bottom of the Atlantic lol. So anybody thinking of ordering a Q5 should expect a very long wait or buy a pre registered model to avoid the mess Audi are in at the moment regarding their logistics from Mexico.

I'm in the same 'ship' as you 😫

Audi CS can only say that mine left Mexico on 24th March and the next notification they can give me is when it arrives in Emden. I'm yet to find someone in Audi who can give me more info like others have had. Also had the 12 week line regarding delivery.

I'm in St Albans, one of the country's leading SUV hubs and I haven't seen one around yet! There must be hundreds in order round here 😂

Seriously though, I am getting the hump a bit, even contemplated cancelling for a few days as the car I have at the moment is on hire and I want to have a more definitive timescale. If Merc did an affordable petrol GLC coupe, they would be getting my business 😬

Just have to console myself that the Q5 will live up to expectations...

Q5 2.0 TFSI Tip
S Line Plus
Daytona Grey
Interior light package
Folding door mirrors

#8 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

stevew, on 18 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Audi CS can only say that mine left Mexico on 24th March and the next notification they can give me is when it arrives in Emden. I'm yet to find someone in Audi who can give me more info like others have had. Also had the 12 week line regarding delivery.

I'm in St Albans, one of the country's leading SUV hubs and I haven't seen one around yet! There must be hundreds in order round here 😂

Seriously though, I am getting the hump a bit, even contemplated cancelling for a few days as the car I have at the moment is on hire and I want to have a more definitive timescale. If Merc did an affordable petrol GLC coupe, they would be getting my business 😬

This link shows the VW group shipping (imports) from Veracruz to emden. Gives you an idea of the boats and timings. Contact them and you maybe able to see when the 24th march boat is due in

http://www.pwl.de/en...ices/liner/roro

#9 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

I'm in the same 'ship' as you

I'm in St Albans, one of the country's leading SUV hubs and I haven't seen one around yet! There must be hundreds in order round here

Seriously though, I am getting the hump a bit, even contemplated cancelling for a few days as the car I have at the moment is on hire and I want to have a more definitive timescale. If Merc did an affordable petrol GLC coupe, they would be getting my business

U

Hi Stevew -- thanks for the reply. Seems were both in the dark about where our car is. As our update showed our cars left Veracruz on the 24th of Feb- the only ship that had left 3 days either side of that update was the 'Splendid Ace'. It arrived in Jacksonville late 26th Feb then Davisville 10am UK time on 28th Feb. It left for Emden at 21-00 same day. It arrived in the English channel early 9th March and turned into Paigton Bay at 15-00 hrs to link up with another vehicle carrier called 'Pearl Ace' which was heading to singapore. It slowed to 1.5 knts where it was met with a port tender called Mts Pathfinder from Brixham harbour. This usally intails a crew change between ships. Splendid Ace resumed sailing a few minutes later and arrived in Emden harbour at 23-00 Sat 10th March
As the video in the 'your Audi' update says it takes a maximum of 10 days to reach the UK from Emden depending on ship availability, our cars should have been in the UK by 20th March at the most. So where are they. Audi says they cannot track a car once it leaves Veracruz till it arrives in Emden. So why can my dealer not tell me where it is when I know it arrived on the 10th March ??
I can track a parcel all the way from Australia right to my door no problem. I just want my nice new shiny Q5 - I will update if I hear any news as our cars should leave Emden around the same time for the UK-- lets hope they were not loaded onto the Marie Celeste lol

#10 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

#11 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

Hi Stevew Sorry about my last reply. I got the date wrong. My car was supposed to have left Veracruz on the 24th Feb. Your car left on 24th March aboard the ship 'Goodwood'. It arrived in Emden on the 9th April. Hope you have better luck than me finding out what has happened to your car.

#12 stevew

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Justanhonestman, on 19 April 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hi Stevew Sorry about my last reply. I got the date wrong. My car was supposed to have left Veracruz on the 24th Feb. Your car left on 24th March aboard the ship 'Goodwood'. It arrived in Emden on the 9th April. Hope you have better luck than me finding out what has happened to your car.

Yes, I didn't mean that my car was actually on the same ship, I meant that I was in the same situation as you... car in transit but no further information.

Are you saying the ship my car is on has arrived in Emden? Don't tease me 😜

Q5 2.0 TFSI Tip
S Line Plus
Daytona Grey
Interior light package
Folding door mirrors

#13 Utopia Blue

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hi,
Greetings from another Newbie that's having problems with delivery times. I ordered the car at the beginning of November and tracked it on your Audi from start build (one week), paint shop (another week), quality control (four weeks) , shipping (six weeks) then the Your Audi site tells me Order cancelled, contact dealer. The dealership informed me the car has not been cancelled the just don't know where it is ! It may be stuck in Mexico because of shipping problems.
So I have no idea of a delivery date. I am not impressed at all with the whole shambolic process. Having read about the delivery delays I have come to the conclusion that this is one great big Mexican stand off. Or is it some form of German revenge for Brexit ? I am now wishing I had bought the Mercedes GLC or the Jaguar F Pace.

#14 SteveMcB

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Must be very frustrating but it's probably just teething problems with their new factory, I'm sure you'll be happy when you eventually get it.
16 plate SQ5 plus, sepang, ADS, BnO, HHA, connect, pan roof, folding mirrors, rear camera, swivelling peepers, front bum warmers, piano black inlays, partition net, storage pack, austin allegro steering wheel, fully wired towbar, collapsible spare (grudged extra). Mods: gloss black alloys, satin black exhaust tips, red calipers, kufatec sound booster, metal footrest, K1S dash cam

#15 YapStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

Hi all, Justanhonestman our cars were on exactly the same ship and I managed to pick mine up last week. As I mentioned in previous posts the whole process is a bit of a shambles with no real logic applied to it.

My car was stuck at Emden for 3 weeks to be shipped to Sheerness and it sounds like I got lucky and made it onto a ship (ended up paying the new VED charges)

I'm still giving the car the once over and will post some comments and feedback on it, so far I've emailed the dealer and Audi UK quite a few times!

#16 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

YapStar, on 19 April 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Hi all, Justanhonestman our cars were on exactly the same ship and I managed to pick mine up last week. As I mentioned in previous posts the whole process is a bit of a shambles with no real logic applied to it.

My car was stuck at Emden for 3 weeks to be shipped to Sheerness and it sounds like I got lucky and made it onto a ship (ended up paying the new VED charges)

I'm still giving the car the once over and will post some comments and feedback on it, so far I've emailed the dealer and Audi UK quite a few times!

Hi YapStar well done on receiving your car.I wish you well and hope you enjoy your purchase. There is a ship leaving Emden for Tyne tomorrow ( Thurs 20th April) it is named 'City of StPetersburgh. I am hoping my car is on this one. It seems since production has moved to Mexico , that their logistics and tracking ability has gone up in the air. I keep getting told of 'extra checks' being carried out in Emden before the cars are released for shipping. This worries me. But- enjoy your car mate and hopefully it won't be long before I am doing the same. I just feel we are not being told something about these extra checks taking place on arrival in Europe. Enjoy your car mate -- I'm sooooooo jealous lol

#17 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

stevew, on 19 April 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Yes, I didn't mean that my car was actually on the same ship, I meant that I was in the same situation as you... car in transit but no further information.

Are you saying the ship my car is on has arrived in Emden? Don't tease me

Hi Stevew Yup the ship that left Veracruz on the date you said arrived in Emden on the 9thApril. I know it may seem sad to other people, but when you are waiting on the arrival of a £40000 car which we have all worked hard for - then you go all out to track it till it arrives at your dealership. My car left Veracruz on the 24th Feb and arrived in Emden on the 10th March. Nobody can tell me where it is !!!! or when I am likely to receive it. It really worries me that something has gone wrong big time with cars from Mexico , and another cover up is in the making. So - no teasing mate - just trying to help us members make sense of something that Audi is not telling us. Best of luck in getting your car - hope it's not too long now. Cheers

#18 Justanhonestman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

stevew, on 19 April 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Are you saying the ship my car is on has arrived in Emden? Don't tease me

Hi Stevew don't know if my last post went through but- yes - your ship arrived in Emden on the 9th April - no teasing lol good luck mate

#19 YapStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Hi guys, I think you might be grateful that the extra checks are going on with the car. I've only had it for about 5 days now but I'm concerned by the build quality.

Generally the car seems pretty solid, however I've already had part of the plastic near the sunroof (interior bit) actually pop off while I was retracting the sun blind!

I've managed to clip it in again but not what you are expecting for a £40K Audi Car, in addition I've noticed the S line badges (on the wings are not identical in height out by a few mm's (the details)

Also on audi.co.uk it says you should get interior lighting pack which includes lighting in the cup holder section (sport and above) lo and behold it's not there.

I've raised these with my dealer and contacted audi.co.uk, so will wait and see what they say. Don't get me wrong I think the car is great but concerned by these early issues.

#20 christuffleyQ5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

YapStar, on 19 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Hi guys, I think you might be grateful that the extra checks are going on with the car. I've only had it for about 5 days now but I'm concerned by the build quality.

Generally the car seems pretty solid, however I've already had part of the plastic near the sunroof (interior bit) actually pop off while I was retracting the sun blind!

I've managed to clip it in again but not what you are expecting for a £40K Audi Car, in addition I've noticed the S line badges (on the wings are not identical in height out by a few mm's (the details)

Also on audi.co.uk it says you should get interior lighting pack which includes lighting in the cup holder section (sport and above) lo and behold it's not there.

I've raised these with my dealer and contacted audi.co.uk, so will wait and see what they say. Don't get me wrong I think the car is great but concerned by these early issues.

Hi all

@yapstar we have spoken on another thread. I've had my SLINE for a month now and haven't had any of the little teething problems you mention. The details I can see say the cup holder lighting is on the extended LED pack only but it'd be interesting to see where you are reading it as I don't have this on mine just the lights around the USB ports.

So far *touch wood* mine is spot on and I have very sensitive ears and eyes to defects and rattles. My previous A3 had teething rattles and quirks and that was perfect for 3 years after being rectified.

I test drive the x3 and GLC and prefer my Q5 by far (even though I bought it blind)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users