Chrome trim on door handles.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

Well my chrome removal is going well after having wrapped the front foglight surrounds today, only the exterior door handles to go.

It looks like a relatively straightforward job to take the handles off to wrap them, but just wondered if anyone has done similar, and if so does it look like the chrome strip unclips at all?

Cheers

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#2 FiftyPence

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGuernsey

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

I have just returned home after a 200 mile return journey from collecting an SQ5 in glacier white which has the half chrome door handles.

I saw a photo which showed that when you pull the handle, you can see the chrome piece is very much part of the item and cannot just be pulled off. Full handle replacement required it would seem.

#3 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostFiftyPence, on 31 March 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

I have just returned home after a 200 mile return journey from collecting an SQ5 in glacier white which has the half chrome door handles.

I saw a photo which showed that when you pull the handle, you can see the chrome piece is very much part of the item and cannot just be pulled off. Full handle replacement required it would seem.

Yes I tried but it looked like a no go. I ended up having a go at wrapping them myself with the handles still in place and think it looks ok (if I do say so myself 😉). Went for a matt black 3M wrap.

From this

Posted Image

To this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 FiftyPence

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGuernsey

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

wow good job, that is very good. I tried to plastidip mine which came out OK but wrapping seems far better.

Did you find it it quite an easy shape to wrap?

#5 Howdi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Yes the handles really weren't too bad, took my 20/30 mins each handle. They were a load easier than the front fog surrounds that I did first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users