67 replies to this topic

#61 MrH

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

View PostSnow Man, on 07 April 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

1. My view is EVERYONE regardless of what it is should be paying for using the road.

2. Hopefully post BREXIT the government will start to charge foreign cars to use our roads too, or buy tax stickers for their vehicles....

1. Including cyclists and horse-ists :mrgreen:

2. Why wait? :twisted:
SQ5 MY16 (65 Plate): Volcano Red . Black Pack . Body Coloured Mirrors (Folding) . Powered Tailgate . Bendy Xenons . Carbon Atlas Inlays . Heated Seats (front and rear) . Rear Bench Seat Plus . Rear Side Airbags . Side Window Blinds . Tech Pack High . B&O Sound . ADS . Dynamic Steering . HHA . Storage Package . Under-floor Storage Tray . Semi-Rigid Bootliner and a (privately purchased) Collapsible Spare Wheel Mods: LED Reversing lights

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisements

• MyAudiQ5.com

#62 Snow Man

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

more than double for cyclists.

#63 Snow Man

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostSteveMcB, on 16 April 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Never had you down as a ginger :mrgreen:

Anyhoos, as the song goes - it's not a statistic nor a delusion - aha...................

It's a fact that they are now offering considerably more than they were before. I seem to recall that it was your good self who gave a WBAC valuation of about £33K for Lanerboy's SQ5 plus, that was about 6 months ago?

If diesel motors are really for the scrap heap it's hard to believe that WBAC, hardly renowned for their generosity, are now paying more instead of less.

Posted Image

Go and get that value then - Audi still has a few unsold plus's that are only a few £s over 42 - so good luck :twoup:
Nice new car for next to nothing, why wouldn't you? But i see WBAC is a fine source if it supports your view :-P

Scrappage scheme.
http://www.msn.com/e...zU5Q9?li=AA54rU

#64 SteveMcB

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

View PostSnow Man, on 18 April 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Go and get that value then - Audi still has a few unsold plus's that are only a few £s over 42 - so good luck :twoup:
Nice new car for next to nothing, why wouldn't you? But i see WBAC is a fine source if it supports your view :-P

My, my - are you inferring that the offer is bogus?

In reality it doesn't matter much to me what they - or you - think, I already own an almost new, low mileage car specced exactly how I want it. The only thing that could remotely tempt me is a Macan so why on earth would I take a hit just to change to a new dealer spec SQ5 lacking in options and subject to new tax rules :roll:

Strange that you no longer seem to consider WBAC a 'fine source' though, more than once you've quoted their pitiful values as gospel, ie quoting them whilst, some may have thought, trolling Lanerboy during the sale of his plus. You (and/or WBAC) were more than a 'few £s' out then, about 12 or 13K if I recall :shock:, so it's quite amusing how this latest increased 'guaranteed' value, which for some reason seems higher than you approve of, has suddenly rendered one of your favoured sources irrelevant? Maybe it's fake news?

In November I was working for a dealership and was shown hard data which I shared on here regarding the margins on used SQ5s and how dealers were paying well above top CAP. Maybe WBAC have now decided they actually want to buy newer SQ5s?

PS didn't you just sell your 4 yr old model for £28K, it was obviously the ideal spec but still begs the question why a 1 yr old model with a 4 or 5K higher OTRP, although admittedly saddled down with a lot of useless additional kit, isn't worth £14K more?

PPS please post a link for the new SQ5 plus' (last ones will be SE's) at £42K, one of my mates would be very interested - unless your interpretation of a 'few £s' is a bit different from mine.

Don't think I'll be holding my breath though - although maybe I should, diesel's here for a while yet :mrgreen:
16 plate SQ5 plus, sepang, ADS, BnO, HHA, connect, pan roof, folding mirrors, rear camera, swivelling peepers, front bum warmers, piano black inlays, partition net, storage pack, austin allegro steering wheel, fully wired towbar, collapsible spare (grudged extra). Mods: gloss black alloys, satin black exhaust tips, red calipers, kufatec sound booster, metal footrest, K1S dash cam

#65 SteveMcB

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostSnow Man, on 18 April 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

You must have added that link whilst I was typing and I'm glad you did because - you win.

Now that I know that they're maybe going to think about the possibility of perhaps considering introducing a scrappage scheme at some indeterminate point in the future for roughly somewhere in the region of about 50,000 pre 2005 diesels, well, this changes everything.

It's impossible to argue against this weight of incontrovertible evidence so I can now see that you're absolutely correct and that most/many of us are wrong.

It's now glaringly obvious that we'll all have to sell our diesel Q5s tomorrow or risk compulsory purchase. I for one am gutted, I just wish I had had the foresight to bail out of SQ5 ownership when you did. If I had I'd also be sitting pretty right now, not in an RS7 right enough but maybe I could have scraped up the extra £25K for a Macan GTS, quite a nice place to smuggly sit whilst feeling 'sorry' for my erstwhile tdi Audi peers who will be loosing a lot more than me whilst watching their pride and joy being seized and turned into a dish washer.

Sadly, as it stands I'm going to loose a fortune, it really is a crying shame that WBAC have also signed up to Fake News and no longer make genuine offers :mrgreen:
16 plate SQ5 plus, sepang, ADS, BnO, HHA, connect, pan roof, folding mirrors, rear camera, swivelling peepers, front bum warmers, piano black inlays, partition net, storage pack, austin allegro steering wheel, fully wired towbar, collapsible spare (grudged extra). Mods: gloss black alloys, satin black exhaust tips, red calipers, kufatec sound booster, metal footrest, K1S dash cam

#66 Snow Man

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

Those conspiracy sites and trump/snp supporters must have tentacles everywhere or i must be really busy writing articles for everyone?
BBC Trolling or making it up too?
http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-38880019

View PostSteveMcB, on 18 April 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

It's impossible to argue against this weight of incontrovertible evidence so I can now see that you're absolutely correct and that most/many of us are wrong.
Dont you mean just you?
You're the only one who claims all the world health organisations, leading experts and manufactures are incorrect and you alone are the oracle of truth for all things Diesel powered. You have not posted a single contribution that shows or says why all these various and independent sources are wrong and seem to think they (not the government - who have not woke up to the tax opportunity yet) are out just to make money. Lets blame Tony Blair shall we for the diesel problem?

Reality is diesel sales are for more than one reason declining and the D powered SQ cars are not selling for the numbers they did 2 years ago. Look on Audi used SQs starts under 28k before a discount and the options are making no real difference to the £s. :mrgreen: 100% sure Audi are not selling cars at or even below "trade price" on their website. Audi normally want 3-4k/car in order to pay for the nice biscuits and fancy showroom. Maybe you just have buyers remorse and feel the need to protect you buying choices? Or regret not waiting for the much better MK2 version i don't know and don't mind either way. (nor do i want to know thanks)

Strange Audi offered LESS, that's right LESS, than WBAC for the SQ5 - Must be its just that fake news again? Let me say it again just so you can understand it. Audi were willing to pay less than WBAC for a well spec'd 63 reg SQ5. Yep, less - fact. WBAC paid MORE hard cash, notes, real money for the SQ5 than Audi were willing to pay, no fiction no fanboy car blinkers. That's reality, that's the current market, but each deal is clearly individual be it frontend or backend loaded. You can move the argument around to nowhere while saying nothing as much as you want, it doesn't change the reality of trade prices. Evans Halshaw will offer you even more - they guarantee it :twoup:

However, if you want to discuss trade values you could always open your own thread to do so. This topic is around the future of Diesel engines and who should pay or who will end up paying for the clean up only.

#67 SteveMcB

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

View PostSnow Man, on 18 April 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Those conspiracy sites and trump/snp supporters must have tentacles everywhere or i must be really busy writing articles for everyone?
BBC Trolling or making it up too?
http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-38880019

Dont you mean just you?
You're the only one who claims all the world health organisations, leading experts and manufactures are incorrect and you alone are the oracle of truth for all things Diesel powered. You have not posted a single contribution that shows or says why all these various and independent sources are wrong and seem to think they (not the government - who have not woke up to the tax opportunity yet) are out just to make money. Lets blame Tony Blair shall we for the diesel problem?

Reality is diesel sales are for more than one reason declining and the D powered SQ cars are not selling for the numbers they did 2 years ago. Look on Audi used SQs starts under 28k before a discount and the options are making no real difference to the £s. :mrgreen: 100% sure Audi are not selling cars at or even below "trade price" on their website. Audi normally want 3-4k/car in order to pay for the nice biscuits and fancy showroom. Maybe you just have buyers remorse and feel the need to protect you buying choices? Or regret not waiting for the much better MK2 version i don't know and don't mind either way. (nor do i want to know thanks)

Strange Audi offered LESS, that's right LESS, than WBAC for the SQ5 - Must be its just that fake news again? Let me say it again just so you can understand it. Audi were willing to pay less than WBAC for a well spec'd 63 reg SQ5. Yep, less - fact. WBAC paid MORE hard cash, notes, real money for the SQ5 than Audi were willing to pay, no fiction no fanboy car blinkers. That's reality, that's the current market, but each deal is clearly individual be it frontend or backend loaded. You can move the argument around to nowhere while saying nothing as much as you want, it doesn't change the reality of trade prices. Evans Halshaw will offer you even more - they guarantee it :twoup:

However, if you want to discuss trade values you could always open your own thread to do so. This topic is around the future of Diesel engines and who should pay or who will end up paying for the clean up only.

There are so many inaccuracies in this rant that I can't even be bothered taking them all apart (maybe later) it would be far, far too easy and I've had a few drinks, so just this one, or few, for now:

"You're the only one who claims all the world health organisations, leading experts and manufactures are incorrect and you alone are the oracle of truth for all things"

Where did that come from? It's a total fabrication (shockeroony). You've evidently either turned Trumpesque or delusional............. that song again - or maybe haven't read my previous posts? I've only ever given my own opinion and have been quite clear that I think that all internal combustion engines are for the bin- eventually.

If anyone is promoting themselves as the 'oracle of truth' it's certainly not me, I'm not the one with the time or inclination to be trawling the web for every remotely anti diesel item out there, what's next - a chinese family's cow has got a diesel infused cough - so I suggest you look again, but this time from the other side of your pussy cat mirror and reassess who the font of all this righteous nonsense actually is.

Diesel, unless pre 2005, is going nowhere soon - courtesy of one of your cataclysmic links .

PS - just me? Have you actually read what others have said.

PPS "However, if you want to discuss trade values you could always open your own thread to do so. This topic is around the future of Diesel engines and who should pay or who will end up paying for the clean up only. "

My mention of increased values was an aside but valid to this argument - most would have thought that was obvious. You're the one who chose to quote it and decry it and you're the one continuing to bang on about it.

PPPS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY where's the link to the mythical brand new 42K SQ5 plus you mention????????

#68 SteveMcB

myAUDIQ5 Master

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostSnow Man, on 18 April 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Those conspiracy sites and trump/snp supporters must have tentacles everywhere or........

I think I get why you reference Trump but it's beyond me what relevance you think the SNP has to all of this?

If you think they're one in the same.......................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users